Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mic help

Options
  • 03-05-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

any reccomendations on a new mic.....
    needs to be as versatile as possible for recording with protools m-powered and a fast track ulta.
    i want something that wont break the bank that i could use for multiple purposes ie :
    vocals,drums,guitar,acoustic,piano

all help appreciated! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i would recommend the rode nt 5's . not that dissimilar to the neumann 184's.

I have the 184's and ab'd them with a mate of mine's nt5's and while the nt5's were slightly more metallic sounding, it was nothing a tiny bit of eq couldn't get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

any reccomendations on a new mic.....
    needs to be as versatile as possible for recording with protools m-powered and a fast track ulta.
    i want something that wont break the bank that i could use for multiple purposes ie :
    vocals,drums,guitar,acoustic,piano

all help appreciated! :confused:

What sort of figure are you thinking Chief?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

under 200 squids

mmmm, that's limiting ok.

Have a look at the sE range. Musicmaker have the range in there (taking it you have D2 access!)

And before the Marketing Police descend, we supply them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

For the list of applications you have there I'd defintely buy 1 shure sm57 & 1 shure sm58. They get mentioned a lot round these parts and it's for very good reason. Better to have 2 mics you'll never want to sell again than one you'll out grow quickly. Always good to have 2 mics anyway for stereo recording, even if they are different.

• Advertisement

frobisher wrote: »
    For the list of applications you have there I'd defintely buy 1 shure sm57 & 1 shure sm58. They get mentioned a lot round these parts and it's for very good reason. Better to have 2 mics you'll never want to sell again than one you'll out grow quickly. Always good to have 2 mics anyway for stereo recording, even if they are different.

True, they'll always be used

Advertisement