Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Newsagent in Waterford?

• 03-05-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭

So which one do you like. I kinda like Porters, or Cards'nThings now. Has a nice selection of magazine, and the books are resonably priced. Book centre is okay, but i'm just put of it with all the kids/teens hanging outside their doors everyday. It can really get crowded in there especially in the front part. Just annoys me how ppl can stand there for bout 10 mins in the middle of a shop not moving out of the way for anyone (okay that's another topic :P)

There ain't any other options around i think, O'Neill's has a few. Any other shops around based on gud quality, customer service etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i like the one up on ballybricken, near the fishmongers. its like a tardis, small on the outside with eleventy billion magazine titles inside. they have a couple of sound old people serving (the owners methinks) and some well fresh young ones as well. good for cards and the lotto too, and maybe a can of smak ana package of crisps

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

longshanks wrote: »
    i like the one up on ballybricken, near the fishmongers. its like a tardis, small on the outside with eleventy billion magazine titles inside. they have a couple of sound old people serving (the owners methinks) and some well fresh young ones as well. good for cards and the lotto too, and maybe a can of smak ana package of crisps

That would be Rellis' Newsagents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rellis - since the year dot! Do they still stock back-issues?

I used to make a regular pilgramage to The Book Centre but havn't been near the place for a year - I just can't afford loads of mags and I get my news online. The place at Superquinn is pretty good - Newsworld/Newstand or something.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I usually frequent the book centre. more of a habit from the old school lunch times really but I prefer them because I can buy all my books and comics under the 1 roof :rolleyes: lol
    Rellis' though! Damn I was in that shop everyday as a kid, used to buy everything in there. I can't find a better suited description than the Tardis alright!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

all of the above are good newsagents but i do think waterford is crying out for a good bookshop . the book centre is good but on numerous occasions i have asked for books that were not in stock and had to be ordered.now i know i could easily get any title on-line but i love to spend time browseing in bookshops taking time to choose a title before buying
    whenever im in dublin i could easy get lost in easons and usually end up getting 3 or 4 books , i know the book centre might not have the room to stock all these books and they only stock what sells(supply and demand)but this is just how i feel !
    now i said it now its out in the open
    god that feels good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I like the Book Centre purely because it has the largest selection of books/magazines, the staff are friendly and knowledgable (except for the holiday periods) and they'll happily order anything you want in for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

longshanks wrote: »

Rellis FTW :D

The owners are sound out and will keep stuff for you once they get to know you along with having just about everything and anything in the shop.

The book centre is grand too and will order stuff in for you if they don't have it but with amazon now I just dont' bother buying books in town mostly. About the only time I do is the book centres fantasy/sci-fi book of the month which is usually only about €8-9 for a decent book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Book Centre simply because you can go in grab a magazine/book and sit down and casually read it! Its great! Also get a coffee or tea aswell!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

I like the book centre but a Eason’s or Waterstone’s would not go astray in Waterford. Maybe they will have one in the Newgate Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I know I'm biased but I love the book centre. Great to place to shop (and work for :D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement