Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugh.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jezza wrote: »
    Blah blah blah.
    So I'm immature and and mentally 15? Hah. See yeah...that might be my immaturity coming out...but... I.DON'T.CARE.
    Clearly you do.
    And again I have to answer, I'm posting this because I was curious to see what other peoples opinion on what makes a cheat.
    Because you care about opinions. That's good btw, but only if you process them and not just look for justification for actions you feel dubious about. If you didn't feel dubious about it you wouldn't have asked.
    Obviously sleeping with someone else does. I accept that.
    That's a start.
    But texting someone doesn't
    Huh? I presume there's a question mark missing there? Let's join the dots shall we? Texting someone else bad, Shagging someone else worse.
    and as for why didn't I dump him straight away... I'll post clips from the email he sent when i did dump him... and then you can see why I might not have done it just before our exams started.
    Classy. More self justification too as opposed to working this stuff out in your head.
    This probably makes me a b1tch for posting it but whatever.
    Yep pretty much. Well it makes you self centered and immature anyway. I hate pulling the immature card, but if it barks like a dog.....
    Immaturity meets immaturity.
    You see the trick to life is to meet immaturity with maturity. It'll work out better for you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

^ Gah. The mind boggles.
    So lets get this... I'm immature, I have the mentality of a 15 year old... I agree.. So now I'm not immature anymore?

Ahhh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you are mature enough to know you are immature then (funnily enough) you are mature enough to be unable to pretend to be immature anymore. In other words, you aren't immature any more, you're just acting the spanner.
    Logic. Brilliant. Lets watch the steam fly from the ears...... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

^ Gah. The mind boggles.
    So lets get this... I'm immature, I have the mentality of a 15 year old... I agree.. So now I'm not immature anymore?

Ahhh.

If you have the capacity to recognise your actions as immature, I would think you aren't immature anymore, but simply acting immaturely because it suits you. The entire justification for excusing someones actions due to that persons immaturity relies on the supposition that the person doesn't realise they are immature. You realise it, so how are you immature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blah blah blah.
    So I'm immature and and mentally 15? Hah. See yeah...that might be my immaturity coming out...but... I.DON'T.CARE.

And again I have to answer, I'm posting this because I was curious to see what other peoples opinion on what makes a cheat.
    Obviously sleeping with someone else does. I accept that.
    But texting someone doesn't and as for why didn't I dump him straight away... I'll post clips from the email he sent when i did dump him... and then you can see why I might not have done it just before our exams started.

This probably makes me a b1tch for posting it but whatever.
    Immaturity meets immaturity.

Oh please. If you really wanted an answer to your question you would have simply asked the question instead of giving the long winded "he said, she said" bull that you posted here while then trying to justify yourself and your actions. Sorry love but you're just attention whoring.

I can just picture you with your hands over your ears going "lalalalala I'm not listening to you!!"

You'll have a very lonely existence if you don't cop yourself on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

Tell you what, it's not your fault, it's someone elses, always.
    Happy now?

Advertisement