Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox and Eircom's Setanta Sports...

• 03-05-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Has anyone managed to get Eircom's setanta sports video working? I have installed the firefox 'User Agent Switcher' to identify my suse system as Windows XP with IE6 but when i try to view the video stream i get an error message "Your browser does not allow execution of Active X controls.".

I can view the video using my XP virtual machine but would like to have it working nativly....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

Strange, Im currently looking at Leinster celebrations using Fireox (v2) on Mac OS X (v10.4.11), so Active X isnt an issue. Player opens ok and I can use the controls. It did reject Safari though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Though Quicktime or do you have something like VLC installed? The Eircom site states that they use Media Player 9 streams, so you will need to have an plugin capable to taking those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

Its using the Flip4Mac WMV plugin. Controls are a bit bizarre all right but it IS working.

Advertisement