Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox - stop webpages playng sound

• 03-05-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have the latest firefox.

I've just gone to www.insure.ie and dam annoying sound is playing in the background.

Is there any way to mute sounds from webpages without me giving them permissions? Obviously I can turn off my speaker but I like to listen to music etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

XP or Vista? Vista allows you to control the volume on a per application basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pfft ... can't you solve my problem without knowing my OS? ;)

Sorry .. Windows XP Pro, should have mentioned it but wasn't aware Vista allowed you do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Install the AdBlock Plus extension. Restart Firefox.

Go to insure.ie. Click on block (see attachment). No more sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

lol @ sounds on webpages :rolleyes:
    And it plays every time you hit the index page, brilliant... they couldn't have maybe used a cookie or something so you only have to endure it once.
    I can picture some old guy in a suit, slamming his fists on the table demanding that the website have a jingle. :D

<3 adblock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have adblock and blocking it once I've heard it really isn't something I'm looking for. Two many websites these days start playing one crap or another really loudly or just enough to spoil my music.

I'll have a look at this Stop Autoplay addon, wonder if it does the likes of myspace aswell?

Advertisement