Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Scott Weiland Talking more sh?t

• 03-05-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Metal Hammer

The mud just keeps on flying between the former VR bandmates

In the latest twist in this rather extensive saga, Scott Weiland has suggested that Axl Rose may not have been entirely to blame for the break-up of Guns N' Roses.

In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, Scott Weiland has said "I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns N' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all."

"He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something.' continues Weiland. 'So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. It's like, why does it always have to be the lead singer? Matt Sorum in front of my face, he was the sweetest guy in the world. But there were some times, out of the blue, the guy just randomly hated me. We all carried our own baggage in that band. In a sense, that's why people were intrigued, you know, especially for the first couple of years. Because they were kind of waiting on the trainwreck to happen. They just thought it would happen a lot sooner."

There's even more Scott Weiland news than usual today as the Stone Tmeple Pilots man has also announced that he will release his autobiography this year. "I'm also in the process of writing my autobiography along with famed writer David Ritz, also due out toward the end of the year. It will be a collection of stories, experiences and lessons throughout my life. Definitely a good read."

As well as touring with Stone Temple Pilots this summer, Scott Weiland is also set to release his secod solo album. It will be a double album and be released in November.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

the guy probably has a point, but id say most of it is ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I recall reading a ton of GNR stuff in Classic Rock magazine in 2006 a couple of months before the gig in the RDS. And Weiland was the first to verbally bash the living sh*t out of Axl, now he's sucking on his ass because he was turfed out of Velvet Revolver?

Weiland needs rehab, and in a bad way. Hopefully the rest of STP will see this and send him on his way.

VR!

Advertisement