Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So I bought mu "luxobarge" last Thursday.....

Options
  • 03-05-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

.....and this happened on Tuesday...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Oh dear! The Mondeo came out the worst there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You killed a Ford - Good man! :D

I take it, its all in hand.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I still don't like the rear end!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Hopefully repairable, but there is a lot of damage...

MrP

What speed roughly?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Ah man, that's a pain in the hole! I hope it works out alright for you, lovely motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

So the brakes work well on you luxobarge then:D! or did the mondeo driver have their head up their ass.

mike65 wrote: »
    What speed roughly?

Mike.
    Hard to say... I was stationary, reckon she was doing 30 or 40 maybe when she hit me the first time. Not sure what speed the second impact was.
    Timmaay wrote: »
    So the brakes work well on you luxobarge then:D! or did the mondeo driver have their head up their ass.
    The brakes are great, but her head was up her ass...

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Oh that sucks, that bites, I feel sick looking at it. Beautifull car, will be again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nasty, hope you werent injured MrP (or anyone else for that matter).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Stevec my god your right, Hope everyone was alright. cars are just metal.

Apart from the usual sore necks and seatbelt bruising, no human injuries. The woman "driving" the mondeo was in shock but otherwise unharmed.

The mondeo and golf are written off, mine is borderline.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

That's a sickner alright MrP. :(

Were you stopped at a junction/lights or just in traffic?

(I'd love to see her husband's face when she tells him that she rear-ended a 7 series! :D)

That's a sickner alright MrP. :(

Were you stopped at a junction/lights or just in traffic?

(I'd love to see her husband's face when she tells him that she rear-ended a 7 series! :D)
    Stopped in traffic approaching a roundabout. I think they are in for a shock. In no fault incidents my insurance company provides me with a car of "equal size and status." So they have given me an S class at £450 per day rental. That will be a nice bill...

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MrPudding wrote: »
    my insurance company provides me with a car of "equal size and status." So they have given me an S class
    You should have held out for an A8! :)

Ouch an S-class as compensation, thats awful. ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Ouch an S-class as compensation, thats awful. ;)

Mike.
    I know. But I am trying to soldier on......

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I know. But I am trying to soldier on......

It's OK, you'll, be back in a decent car soon!!! :p

Glad to hear there was noone hurt. A friend of mine had a similar incident several yeas ago in Enfield; he was stopped in traffis between 2 mercs and a guy in a transit wiped them all out! His very nice camry was destroyed!

Is that a 745Li by any chance? Nice looking bus.

Hope all gets sorted out. Bloody Golf drivers! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Just goes to show how strong a 7 series is, the other two cars are in bits. Even from the pic though I can see your wheel arches are deformed so the impact has maybe done unseen damage to the chassis that might make the car a write off. If I were you id try to get an independent engineer in there to give you a report on the damage, the insurance company assessor/engineer might say that the car can be fixed because its borderline.

Fey! wrote: »
    Is that a 745Li by any chance? Nice looking bus.
    Correct. It was very nice.
    MSporty wrote: »
    Just goes to show how strong a 7 series is, the other two cars are in bits. Even from the pic though I can see your wheel arches are deformed so the impact has maybe done unseen damage to the chassis that might make the car a write off. If I were you id try to get an independent engineer in there to give you a report on the damage, the insurance company assessor/engineer might say that the car can be fixed because its borderline.
    It is borderline al right, there is a serious amount of damage. It is with a BMW dealer for assessment, should have a price on Tuesday. I have to say I am concerned that they go for the repair and I am not happy with the result, time will tell.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Holy crap how did the Golf end up underneath the mondeo ....

I'm guessing the second impact was alot harder than the first.

Make sure the repair job is carried out correctly before you sign the satisfaction note ,get it check out by a second independant garage once work completed.

Make sure you negiotate adequate depreciation on your car as well. You are entitled to it once you come to resell your motor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Christ, hope its ok man. Ha, but I just love the way that it seems like the 7 Series didn't move an inch.

Barr wrote: »
    Holy crap how did the Golf end up underneath the mondeo ....

I'm guessing the second impact was alot harder than the first.
    Yes, much harder, and unexpected....
    Make sure the repair job is carried out correctly before you sign the satisfaction note ,get it check out by a second independant garage once work completed.
    I am actually really worried about this. I really don't want the car written off, but I do want it right.
    Make sure you negiotate adequate depreciation on your car as well. You are entitled to it once you come to resell your motor
    Yes, the insurance company solicitors will take care of that for me. 10% of cost of repairs or something, isn't it?
    *Tripper* wrote: »
    Christ, hope its ok man. Ha, but I just love the way that it seems like the 7 Series didn't move an inch.
    I know, it looks like they hit a wall... In truth it did move. I left my normal gap to the car in front, big enough so you can see it's tyres touch the ground, but I still hit him. THat said, it was a tiny impact with no damage to him or me, I was just a couple of inches too close.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Oh bollox! I wouldnt be a happy bunny about that!

Check out the gap with the rear door and the 1/4 panel its almost non exsistant.:eek:

To be honest i'd be looking to get a new ''Barge'' i know if i paid big money for a car i wouldnt want it repaired so soon.

Volvoboy wrote: »

Check out the gap with the rear door and the 1/4 panel its almost non exsistant.:eek:
    The rear doors are actually overlapping the 1/4 panels...:eek:

Volvoboy wrote: »
    To be honest i'd be looking to get a new ''Barge'' i know if i paid big money for a car i wouldnt want it repaired so soon.
    Christ! I didn't buy a new one..... It was an old one, I would not pay £65K+ for a car.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

I am actually really worried about this. I really don't want the car written off, but I do want it right.

If it was my car I would want it written off to be honest!

Be careful about the solicitors your broker/insurance company give. I think the efforts they make can be a bit wanting, to put it mildly.

You probably also have a Personal Injury claim if you do feel a bit sore. I know some people have qualms about going down this route, but I can assure you the insurance co will have no qualms about trying to pay you less than the car is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

MrP
    Glad youre ok that's an awful mess you've been dragged into, the bill is going to be massive of course. i'd be careful about what you say here (im not saying you're not) as from the photo it's a very identifiable incident.
    Good luck and tbh i'd say a new car is in order but what do i know

promethius wrote: »
    MrP
    Glad youre ok that's an awful mess you've been dragged into, the bill is going to be massive of course. i'd be careful about what you say here (im not saying you're not) as from the photo it's a very identifiable incident.
    Good luck and tbh i'd say a new car is in order but what do i know
    Hopefully OK. Happened in the UK. The other parties are unlikely to frequent boards.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Did the airbags in your car go off ..this is usually a good indicator wether a car is going to be written off.

If I were you I would be hoping that the insurance company write the car off as no matter how good the repair job is it will always be a crash / repaired car. It will hit you when you come to trade it in.

It will be interesting to see how the insurers of the other two cars work out percentage liability as they will both have to accept responsibility.

• Advertisement

Did the airbags in your car go off ..this is usually a good indicator wether a car is going to be written off.
    Funny story about the airbags.... The car was booked into the garage the following morning to investigate an airbag warning light. After the impacts I was helpfully informed by the car that it was sorry, the airbags and the pre-tensioners should have gone off, but did not. There was a distinct smell of cordite, or similar substance, so it seems the charges went off but nothing deployed.
    If I were you I would be hoping that the insurance company write the car off as no matter how good the repair job is it will always be a crash / repaired car. It will hit you when you come to trade it in.
    I know what you mean, I am really in two minds about it. I have been looking for a similar car around the same money, but there is nothing. I just don't think I will get anything near as good. But then if it is repaired it might never be right. I know this is in the UK, but does anyone know what my rights are regarding satisfaction with a repair? I have heard very good reports about the quality of worked carried out by the outfit that have the car, they are highly regarded.
    It will be interesting to see how the insurers of the other two cars work out percentage liability as they will both have to accept responsibility.
    My insurance company says this will be the trickiest part of getting a settlement. I think it is fair to say that the second driver driver going faster and braked later, but how do you figure that into percentages?

MrP

Advertisement