Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Wirless Modem 2247NWG Question.

Options
  • 03-05-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

This may not be the correct fourm but here goes ........
    I have the above set up with Wireless enabled and it works fine thru wireless to my laptop.
    I have my desktop hardwired via network cable to one on the modems ports but the speed is non existant. It is so slow its as worse than dial up.
    My question is if Wireless is enabled does that mean that hardwire via network or USB is disabled.
    Can one have hardwire to one computer and Wireless to the laptop. ???
    I would have thought this would be the cast but now I wonder as it barely works via hardwire route.
    Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.. ????

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

You have it connected to a modem port ???

Is this a typo as it should be connected to a Network Port and Hardwired Network Ports are not disabled when wireless is on.

In the event that is a typo is the network adapter enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

Yes its a typo, its connected to a network port.
    How do I enable the network adapter. ???
    Is this setting part of the modem settings, I know how to get into the modem settings using www.192.168.1.254/.
    By the way when I use the old Zytel wired modem there is no problem.
    The Nethopia was brand new Eircom brand one but using it for BT.

Thanks for advice

Click on the following

Start
    Settings
    Network Connections

Open network connections if you can or else you can get to it via the control panel.

You should see one called "Local Area Connection", double click on that and it should be enabled then.

Unfortunately it is already enabled so I guess there is some other problem
    Thanks for your help anyway.

Is there a light on in the Router to indicate that there is a cable connected into it, they should be numbered 1 to 4, also there possibly should be a light on where the cable is connected into the network adapter on the computer (but not always). If there is no light check its seated properly if it is then i would suspect a faulty cable.

• Advertisement

Have not had a chance to check it yet but will do it this afternoon.
    Thanks for the assistance.

Advertisement