Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cropping to correct aspect ratio for printing

• 03-05-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have scanned hundreds of old B&W family pictures. The pictures are all different sizes and resolutions. What i want to do now is manuly crop all the pictures so they have the correct aspect ratio so that i can get them printed at 5" x 7" , instead of letting the cropping be done by the printing lab. Is there a software programe available that i can use to do this (not photoshop can't afford it) . I have gimp , ifran view and paint.net but cant get them to do this

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

you could always get a free 30 day trial of photoshop. Its crop tool allows you to specift the aspect ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Download picasa from Google for free. it has alot of features including the ability to crop to specific type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trazix

Picasa is ok but i am getting into Paint.net and with a little research i have figured out how to do it.

Thanks for your replys

:D:D:D

Advertisement