Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Piercing

Options
  • 03-05-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Where's the best and cheapest place in Dublin to get my ear pierced?
    Got it done before but got infected so won't be going back to that place.

Thanks,
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

There's a whole list of reputable piercers stickied on the top of the forum. Cheapest rarely equals best. I'm going to assume your from Dublin Vpiercing (Aran Quay), Wildcat Ink (Stevens Green and Abbey St), Snakebite (Abbey St) and Bodyshock (Templebar) would all do a good job for a fair price. Theres a much cheaper place but I'm not going to advertise for them (ever).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I just mean best value for money and I think I know the place you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

adonis is pretty cheap and have a good rep, not got anything done there myself but i have mates who swear by Glen...think ye gotta be 16+ to go in there though, what with it being in the back of a sex shop n all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

hunter164 wrote: »
    Where's the best and cheapest place in Dublin to get my ear pierced?
    Got it done before but got infected so won't be going back to that place.

Thanks,
    Martin
    I have my own piercing kit with all the medical supplies and have done loads and even my kids.No problems and i dont think there is any law for home piercing.I got the kitt from ebay.ie.

Davey how do you dispose of your needles? These kits shouldn't be available to the public it's like just because you can buy a tattoo machine/piercing kit on ebay doesn't mean you should. Ebays refusal to self-regulate is leading to more and more scratchers/kitchen wizards. People on this forum advocating this kinda stuff are dangerous and irresponsible.

• Advertisement

Davey how do you dispose of your needles? These kits shouldn't be available to the public it's like just because you can buy a tattoo machine/piercing kit on ebay doesn't mean you should. Ebays refusal to self-regulate is leading to more and more scratchers/kitchen wizards. People on this forum advocating this kinda stuff are dangerous and irresponsible.
    theres no needles involved thruth its just the simple staple gun type.The studs are sealed and i wear the rubber gloves and sterile the the ear lobe.Then pierce away with the gun.As for buying these kitts anyone can get their hands on anything truth these days.

You do know the dangers of the gun right? Theres piercers out there campaigning against them because they aren't sterile and the way they pierce the ear leaves a lot of potential for life long damage. The gun moves the *blunt* jewelery at such a speed that it pierces the ear. You can sterilise the ear all you want but the gun itself isn't sterile and I'm guessing you don't have an autoclave either so neither is the jewelery. Being able to obtain things online doesn't make it a good idea.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm
    Read that.

You do know the dangers of the gun right? Theres piercers out there campaigning against them because they aren't sterile and the way they pierce the ear leaves a lot of potential for life long damage. The gun moves the *blunt* jewelery at such a speed that it pierces the ear. You can sterilise the ear all you want but the gun itself isn't sterile and I'm guessing you don't have an autoclave either so neither is the jewelery. Being able to obtain things online doesn't make it a good idea.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm
    Read that.
    i know the dangers of the gun for piercings.Isaw the link you gave me thanks for that as i already have the shortcut for it.The studs are not blunt they are all tapered ready(pointed)As for a autoclave no i dont as im not a tattooist or parlour owner?I soon im finnish the piercing i boil the gun in a pan and take it out with pincers and put into a steriled container for the next use.As for obtaining goods doesnt mean it comes from online shopping.They can be brought off the piercing shops.As there is no law here afaik for any sort of tattooing,piercing,etc issues.

You obviously didn't read it very well. You can boil it all you want but it's plastic so its unsuited for the job. Also what lenght are the studs? Most of them don't leave room to heal and if they have butterfly backs that's just a whole new level of wrong. As for this statement "As for a autoclave no i dont as im not a tattooist or parlour owner?" Yes your not a tattoist/piercer or parlour owner so maybe you shouldn't be doing this? Piercers use autoclaves on a daily basis. Any "piercing shop" that sells you a gun is beyond irresponsible. "As there is no law here afaik for any sort of tattooing,piercing,etc issues." No there's not which is a big problem in my opinion. You have no idea what your doing, you haven't any sort of training and obviously have no clue about cross contamination from the statements you've made thus far.

did i say its plastic?Look i have the caflon piercing gun kit,all studs are sealed in a tiny container.Why would i need training imo.Careful steady hands and pop the jobs done!
    images?q=tbn:NOw6D9HCpOt6yM:http://www.rubydirect.co.
    http://www.flair.ie/products.php?c_id=9&b_id=19 is where you buy them.

• Advertisement

Of course you don't need training I'm just going to call my piercer now and tell him that year long apprenticeship he did was a waste of time. CAFLON is a form of plastic it CANNOT be autoclaved. Normally I'd leave this as let the idiot mess his ears up all he wants but you know the risks and choose to do this to your children to save money. Grade A parenting there Davey. The studs are too short to let the piercing heal properly, you google like there's no tommorow google piercing guns and tell me if you see even one positive result on them? The only piercing place in Dublin (and I use that term very loosely) is Georges St Arcade and I'm sure it's obvious how I feel about them.

http://www.compunction.org/guns.txt
    http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20030509.html
    http://www.namaii.com/suck/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_piercing_instrument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Davey, you boggle the mind... truly you do
    you have no legs to stand on here,

1) you are providing links to unsafe piercing practices - i.e the piercing gun. They cannot be cleaned in an autoclave because they have too many moving parts and are made of crap. Boiling your tools in a pan of water won't do anything!!! The guns use brute force to pierce as opposed to blades/needles which just go through you like butter, they don't bruise like guns do. My god, any shred of common sense is gone out the window!!! I can't believe it! really...

2) so a year long apprenticeship or more most decent piercers take to learn the trade, then you have the cheek to say that you can do it with a steady hand?! What about jewelry? sterility? cross contamination? Do you know the standard gauge for ear lobe piercings? What length they are supposed to be? What type of material is in the jewelry you are providing?! Is it metal? plastic? What about after care?

Of course, you have a Fooking steady hand, sure that will stop all types of infections and nasties getting in won't it?! yeah a steady hand cures all blood borne pathogens.

You don't need an autoclave?! LOL christ, so all the other piercing and tattooing studios around the world are just having a laugh when they buy one yeah? Just for the craic? They are used for a reason! To make sure that their re-usables and jewelry are spotless without one trace of disease or micro-organism on them!

I truly hope nothing has ever went wrong with the 'piercings' you have butchered. Do you know first aid? Have you taken any classes on cross contamination? So many questions that I already know the answer to, the answer to most if not all my questions so far will be 'no'

you should be ashamed of yourself!!! It costs about €30 maximum to get both lobes pierced with a blade/needle including jewelry in a safe, sterile manner under the watchful eye of a trained piercer. Far cheaper than a trip to the hospital and anti biotics.

Wilburt wrote: »
    Of course, you have a Fooking steady hand, sure that will stop all types of infections and nasties getting in won't it?! yeah a steady hand cures all blood borne pathogens.
    yes with the rubber gloves that are supplied with the kit.
    You don't need an autoclave?! LOL christ,
    sorry will but i didnt say this ^
    I truly hope nothing has ever went wrong with the 'piercings' you have butchered. Do you know first aid? Have you taken any classes on cross contamination? So many questions that I already know the answer to, the answer to most if not all my questions so far will be 'no'
    nope no problems as im carefull and clean.
    you should be ashamed of yourself!!! It costs about €30 maximum to get both lobes pierced with a blade/needle including jewelry in a safe, sterile manner under the watchful eye of a trained piercer.
    it it really necessary to backfire me.blade/needle for piercing studs?That sounds a bit heavy.And the studs are supplied with the kit so it should be suitable for piercing.

You really do blow my mind. Needles/blades are standard issue for all piercings. What your doing is a piss poor substitute that's most likely going to leave long term damage. Tell me are the walls and floors in your house easily wiped down like a piercing studios? Where do you actually pierce people? Have you pierced anything other then lobes with this gun?

no just lobes truth and i dont charge.these are my friends ive done them for truth.All this was done about 2 years ago!And it was only once offs.1 or 2 every year!
    There is still shops using the same brands of calflon piercings.
    http://www.beyondbeauty.ie/makeup_bridal_galway.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

None of those places are proper studios davey! We don't support guns here and you are never going to convince anyone otherwise- you're arguing with some very experienced modded people here. So knock it off and stop trying to defend your stupid mutilation machine.

davey180 wrote: »
    no just lobes truth and i dont charge.these are my friends ive done them for truth.All this was done about 2 years ago!And it was only once offs.1 or 2 every year!
    There is still shops using the same brands of calflon piercings.
    http://www.beyondbeauty.ie/makeup_bridal_galway.htm

You do realise that Caflon advocate their product as suitable for all kinds of ear piercings (including industrials, rim piercings etc) this to me makes them negligent as a company and liable to litigation when one of their customers messes up and leaves someone with massive keloids/crushes the cartrilidge in their ear etc.

Gauge wrote: »
    None of those places are proper studios davey! We don't support guns here and you are never going to convince anyone otherwise- you're arguing with some very experienced modded people here. So knock it off and stop trying to defend your stupid mutilation machine.
    sorry gauge but im not defending anything here as imo truth has started this whole issue as look at my first post and i didnt even push anyone to use this type of piercing? All i did was what i did do.Im not debating of any sort.As for the stupid mutilation machine,i dont have anymore.I should have said(my mistake)on the first post ,I did have my own piercing kit.........
    Maybe that what went wrong.:)

It's like posting in a medical forum advocating self-surgery and not expecting to get brought up on it Davey. You advocated an unsafe, what I'd consider anti-industry method of piercing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im locking this thread.
    Davey youve really excelled yerself this time.Advocating dangerous piercing practices.

Recommending self piercing at home opens boards up to a libelous action if someone causes harm to anyone else with unsafe practices.

Im linking this in the moderators forum and you may be site banned for this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement