Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help xbox hdd upgrade

Options
  • 03-05-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently attempting to upgrade the hdd to a 750gb ide hdd and i'm getting stuck when I've booted from the xboxhdm iso file cd in the PC. After I select:
    1) Boot VGA Console (default) the error screen "This machine is no xbox appears". I cannot get past this point. Can someone please help with this issue? I have the CR rom set up on the secondary IDE drive and connect the 750gb hdd after the first boot screen.

This would be Step 4 on Black_Knights guide.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

you do not need to unlock the new hdd so just plug it in and boot pc off xbhdm cd. is the hdd set on primary on an ide channel .did you add your original eeprom when creating the iso for the new hdd. i think you will have to create f and g partitions with 32k clusters as they will be over 250gig. that is something to do with xbpartitioner after you have the hdd created. not too sure if that solves the problem of data overwriting itself.

Advertisement