Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

giant xtc 3.5 brakes

Options
  • 03-05-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

any one able to tell me where i might be able to get brake parts for a giant xtc 3.5 . it is a giant mph root Hydraulic brake lever . all i need is all the parts for the handle bar. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

osnoyl wrote: »
    any one able to tell me where i might be able to get brake parts for a giant xtc 3.5 . it is a giant mph root Hydraulic brake lever . all i need is all the parts for the handle bar. thanks

what parts for the handlebar??
    do you need a lever??
    do you need a bolt??
    do you need a clamp,

those brakes look similar to tektro, and shimano, do they use mineral fluid?? if they do then a straight swap will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

does anyone know anything about the shimano deor lx brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

hi i broke of the lever and need the full piece where the fluid is, everything at the front end of the fluid pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

does anyone know anything about the shimano deor lx brakes?

what do you want to know??ive a set on one of my bikes , are they the current model??

osnoyl, id reckon youd be better of, and less messy just to buy a shimano deore calliper/lever for e60 on chainreaction.

id be 80% sure that you coulf mate a shimano lever to the hydraulic line you have, altough if it was ripped out id buy a replacement line too.

as i said much easier to replace the lot for e60.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

thanks kona i went on to chainreaction for a look and i think thats the best way to go cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement