Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LAPD Chase - is this overkill?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

The amount of police at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I know the US tend to really overdo these things, I counted over 30 officiers there which is a minimum of 15 vehicles if they are on 2 man patrols (unlikely they all are).

I just think it's complete overkill, do you see this in Ireland? The UK?

I know stength in numbers and all that but it seems to be a lot of resources to dedicate to one event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

You see every extreme in the US. From a single officer taking on a crowd when we would call for backup and wait to this scenario. Then theres force, one clip shows them using what would be extreme for Ireland and the UK but then another clip they hold back way longer than we would.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

random wrote: »

I just think it's complete overkill, do you see this in Ireland? The UK?

QUOTE]

from clondalkin.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqrOW3D8TTo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

You see every extreme in the US. From a single officer taking on a crowd when we would call for backup and wait to this scenario. Then theres force, one clip shows them using what would be extreme for Ireland and the UK but then another clip they hold back way longer than we would.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose
    in fairness this garda gets stuck into a group of drunks fighting, he gets punched for his troubles though http://youtube.com/watch?v=YbWgM9NvTik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Fair play to the man. I'm surprised that he would be alone in the DMR - even if it is Temple Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭the locust

Since 9-11 Yanks are pretty well resourced. Bit of an overkill alright, it looks like an ants nest there! You always see that tactic of having 5 - 6 jump on a guy i suppose its safer for him and them but this is a bit much. Dont know the circumstances i suppose, that chase could have been goin on for ages.

utick wrote: »
    in fairness this garda gets stuck into a group of drunks fighting, he gets punched for his troubles though http://youtube.com/watch?v=YbWgM9NvTik

Yeah but he calls for backup twice. I wasnt suggesting we would just stand by watching.

utick wrote: »

Thats not a chase though, looks more like they are going to a call, possible assistance or knowing the area like I do, a large fight in one of the sites or pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

Yeah but he calls for backup twice. I wasnt suggesting we would just stand by watching.

Thats not a chase though, looks more like they are going to a call, possible assistance or knowing the area like I do, a large fight in one of the sites or pubs.

Its a chase alright.ya can hear the heli overhead following it

darren254 wrote: »
    Its a chase alright.ya can hear the heli overhead following it

Yes because its clearly stated that the helicopter wont be deployed for anything else :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes because its clearly stated that the helicopter wont be deployed for anything else :rolleyes:

Smart f**k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

over here.. you get three area cars assigned, thats it... no one else is allowed to be part of the pursuit... so everyone goes to the 'vacinity'...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

darren254 wrote: »
    Smart f**k

darren254 infracted for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

over here.. you get three area cars assigned, thats it... no one else is allowed to be part of the pursuit... so everyone goes to the 'vacinity'...

I remember a posting I had on the area car where we picked up a pursuit through our ground, a fail to stop, suspect as it turned out was wanted for a nasty gbh, and it was a bit like the video above. I think I counted....maybe 12 cars in the 'vicinity' with 99 leading the commentary and repeatedly saying 'only lead rt car to pursue, all other cars to drop back'..... I think we had RT cars from about 4 boroughs, city RT, and a load of rats. Nice way to finish a night duty at 0500hours on a monday morning in Central London!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Where is "here" ? UK ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That's Americans for ya.

Nothing else to do so second they get someone they're all over like flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

likes flies on shi*e at the end.

psni wrote: »
    darren254 infracted for personal abuse.

wasnt trying to be abusive but dont expect smart replies to my comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

This is just brilliant*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpHN9diNE64

*I don't think it is actually a Garda chase;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

eroo wrote: »
    This is just brilliant*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpHN9diNE64

*I don't think it is actually a Garda chase;):pac:

Neither do I. For one in 1998 I don't remember seeing any marked or unmarked BMWs and secondly if you look at the top right the speed is in kms not miles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

what a joke, i mean come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

There's 21 cars in that clondalkin clip with lights & sirens going

Advertisement