Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who do i report bad tat shop to?

Options
  • 03-05-2008 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

If i wanted to report a bad tattoo shop who do i go to?? dont know if i can post this but ill try if i cant let me know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you can't really report a tattoo shop to anyone really, like there is no authority on it. If they weren't clean or what have you, you could report em to health and safety. If their tattooing is poor quality theres not much you can do except let your mates know so they won't go there.
    Most crappy places are well known for their sh!t quality. Best thing you can do is bring your business else where :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Catita

Wilburt wrote: »
    you can't really report a tattoo shop to anyone really, like there is no authority on it. If they weren't clean or what have you, you could report em to health and safety. If their tattooing is poor quality theres not much you can do except let your mates know so they won't go there.
    Most crappy places are well known for their sh!t quality. Best thing you can do is bring your business else where :)

would smoking around a tattoo being done be concidered dirty as well as having dirty needles soaking in a glass jar??
    This place is so bad and if it were me there was noway i would get a tat done here!!!!
    Thank you for your reply it was realy helpfull.
    i thought there was no way of reporting it. Cheers

Smoking around a tattoo being done is illegal presuming its done in the tattoo studio. No smoking in places of work and all that.

needles soaking in a glass jar? dunno, tattoos arent my thing.

Just let your mates know that the place isnt any good, if they are thinking about going there. steer em in the right direction so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

Unfortunately there are no laws on cleanliness of tattoo studio's or equipment. needles in a jar are EXTREMELY bad. I would tell everyone you could not to go there. the health risks are huge and i doubt they'd have a hygiene cert given to them. but you CAN report them for smoking if it was in a studio as it is a place of work. so do that if you must

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Catita wrote: »
    If i wanted to report a bad tattoo shop who do i go to?? dont know if i can post this but ill try if i cant let me know

Report it to all the peeps who read boards :D

name and shame...people need to know where not to go. Although in fairness, if I walked in somewhere, even if I knew diddly squat about tats, seeing needles soaking in a jar would turn me off immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vinny37

Shelli wrote: »
    Report it to all the peeps who read boards :D

name and shame...people need to know where not to go. Although in fairness, if I walked in somewhere, even if I knew diddly squat about tats, seeing needles soaking in a jar would turn me off immediately.
    Needles should come pre packed with an expirery date on them plus an idicator telling you that it has been sterilized,the pack should be sealed not open,you should and have the right to ask these questions when you go to a tattoo studio as i am a tattoo artist for 18 years.needles in a jar does not sound good.did the guy or gal plan to use these needles on you?plus you should make sure that the tube that the needle goes into is actually sterilized too it been more important as it is hollow and similar to a suringe meaning it can hold blood and ink in it.plus every thing should be covered like bottles machines ect,ect to stop cross contamination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 G's Tattoos

Ireland is one of the few countres in europe that has no regulations for the tattoo industrie,pre packed sterile needels are of the utmost importance but a true professional studio will have a vacume autoclave.
    Simply put , this is a seraliesing machine ,compulsary almost world wide.
    I should know as i have been tattooing a long time.
    Always ask questions when getting inked and never settel for a short answer,its your health

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

The needles in the jar could be freshly soldered and soaking before they get sterilised just as an fyi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 G's Tattoos

Even if that were the case , non sterile implements should not be left on display , a tattoo studio should have a seperate room where these materials should be kept, its a wee concept called cross contamination

The op never said where the needles were. Just trying to show there's two sides to these things, we get enough people signing up here to rubbish studio's for no reason.

• Advertisement

The op never said where the needles were. Just trying to show there's two sides to these things, we get enough people signing up here to rubbish studio's for no reason.
    The needles where upon a table in the same room he does the tats and the water looked blackish inside!!
    Saying that maybe he was planning to use the needles on the same person or something!!! still pretty gross!!!
    I dont go around talking rubbish about every tat studio ive been in just this one because it sucks!!
    Tattoo Art in Mallow is the place stay away if you want a good tattoo.
    Going to ravens would be better(he is good at pericing tho)
    Tattoo Zoo is exellent and so clean!!
    Some place in dub cant remember the name quiet good and clean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The Raven guy is most definitely NOT good at piercing.

http://www.raventattoostudio.com/piercing.htm

Just look at these lousy surface piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The nipple ones, and the navel look alright, but the others are just makin me cringe!!!

Raven is one of the sh1test shops in ireland. Don't know how they can be reccommended.

Didn't he used to post here? or was it some other piercer from cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

AHAHAHA. Oh god, didn't even realise Raven had a website. Such a shame when there are studios a billion times better in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The needles in the jar could be freshly soldered and soaking before they get sterilised just as an fyi.

Do many artist still solder their own needles, would've thought it'd be easier to buy ready made. Even if they were freshly soldered, I'd be expecting them to be autoclaved tbh, I wouldn't be trusting liquid agents but maybe that's just me being paranoid.:confused:

Do many artist still solder their own needles, would've thought it'd be easier to buy ready made. Even if they were freshly soldered, I'd be expecting them to be autoclaved tbh, I wouldn't be trusting liquid agents but maybe that's just me being paranoid.:confused:

Yeah I know some artists who still do theirs if they want a non generic type or just out of tradition. The needles normally sit in a liquid sterilise for presterilisation and to get the loose bits of flux off them before going in the clave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Yeah I know some artists who still do theirs if they want a non generic type or just out of tradition. The needles normally sit in a liquid sterilise for presterilisation and to get the loose bits of flux off them before going in the clave.

Ah, I see, I was thinking it didn't sound right not to stick them in the autoclave :)

Gauge wrote: »
    The Raven guy is most definitely NOT good at piercing.

http://www.raventattoostudio.com/piercing.htm

Just look at these lousy surface piercings.

Got my tonge and navel pierced there and they are brill piercings. Compared to one i saw a friend have from some place up the country! Wasnt recomending that place either lad just saying that he was good nuff at piercing.
    Tattoo zoo are good at piercing too got my lip done there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement