Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epilators??

Options
  • 04-05-2008 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good epilator? Are they worth splasking on for?
    I'm not sure but think I have a high pain threshold. I only had my bikini line waxed once but I went the whole hog (almost) & had a californian done.
    But I dunno about actually using an epilator & inflicting such pain on myself....
    Are epilators good for underarms, legs & face??
    Please help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I thought I had a high pain threshold myself. I bought one, used it once. It was a hellish experience. If I told you it was like waxing with the uncomfortable part set in slow-motion, you are getting close. Mine is collecting dust bunnies somewhere.

They are for sadists tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

You might find some good answers here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

Abigayle wrote: »
    They are for sadists tbh.

That's a tad harsh. Although, now I think about it....;)

I use one for my legs and underarms all the time...the odd time bikini line. I'll admit that in the beginning....dear lord, it's a bitch..but as with waxing, after a while the pain diminishes as the hair grows back thinner. If you have the patience and balls to keep on with it for a while then I would recommend it definitely, but if you freak out at the slightest bit of pain then don't waste your money.

Don't think I'd be using it on my face though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

After using for awhile the hair starts to thin out. No stubble like shaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

i got mine like 3 years ago. Bruan. The first time i used on my underarm....PAIN!!

then i used it again, it was fine!!!
    the hairs grow back more slowly and thinner.
    Heres a tip. Put some baby oil on first. Then wipe off excessive ones,then you use the thing,less friction therefore less pain. Works for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I've been through childbirth twice and I would not buy an epilator:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

CrazyPolly wrote: »
    That's a tad harsh. Although, now I think about it....;)

I see, you are one of them alright :P

I heard that the hair thins out after using an epilator too. But when I used it it was annoying and uncomfortable..

The bástarding thing kept catching my skin too. I read the instructions, I did what it told me to, but it still hurt. Having asked my OH if he saw it anywhere, he reminded me that I threw it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

I epilate my legs all the time and its not very painful at all, bikini line isn't too painful but I've found I get a lot of ingrowing hairs when I epilate as oppossed to waxing. I found the underarms very hard to epilate as I couldn't get into the hollow's of my armpit, though maybe that's just me as a friend of mine does it no probs. I'm fairly sure the instructions say not to use on your face though. Mine is a philips satinelle super sensitive and I find it great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Ok, thanks! I have to wait for the hairs to grow back & make sure mu flatmates aren't in as it's sooooo noisy!

Advertisement