Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man movie - thoughts? (WARNING, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

...Stone...Stone...Stone...Stone...Stone...

Hrmmm...Iron Man à la Oliver Stone...interesting.
    Regarding his ability to just pilot the suit immediately. Tony took longer to get that comfortable because he had to figure everything out, Stone's team had the original suit to work with, so half the work was already done fro them. Seems reasonable to me that they would eventually just be handing Stone a complete suit, with an instruction manual, so no need for him to spend the same amount of time aclimatisng to the suit.

Without a power source, Stane's suit was effectively just a hunk of metal so I'd be very surprised if they managed to test the components let alone produce something so polished that someone could step straight into it and have no problems whatsoever. It'd be like someone who has never driven before hopping into an F1 race car and speeding off without a hiccup.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Yeah, thats true but for the story's sake and the sake of the movie moving at a good pace, things had sped up at this point, its safe to assume he had trialled it before or something. Yes, he had no power source but c'mon, for the story's sake!!

One of the small things I liked is how when Stark got back from Afganistan he build another slightly smaller thing for his chest, whatever its called! Shows he's always tinkering so to say, always improving, making things smaller and better. And while there was a scene dedicated to it, it was a BIG DEAL that he made a new thing for his chest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

JangoFett wrote: »
    Yeah, thats true but for the story's sake and the sake of the movie moving at a good pace, things had sped up at this point, its safe to assume he had trialled it before or something. Yes, he had no power source but c'mon, for the story's sake!!

You can shout "for the story's sake!!" at me as much as you want but ultimately it's a pretty big plot inconsistency. The sun may shine out of Stan Lee's ass but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept sub-standard products without question from the likes of Marvel...

Advertisement