Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alternative to din release keys to remove radio unit?

Options
  • 04-05-2008 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just wanted to know if there is an alternative to din release keys to remove a Blackspur radio/tape unit from a 97 Opel astra as I do not have these but have the cd player at the moment, tried sticking 4 screwdrivers in there but didn't have any luck. Maybe I should have just forced it a little more?Any help apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hammer and chisel!

Are there holes for a stereo removal tool or clothes hanger, did you just try prising the unit out? any chance of a photo of the unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

I can get most radios out in under 30 seconds with two normal kitchen cutlery knives!:rolleyes:

Haha, ive never robbed a radio but, just jam a knife in either side and fiddle them about!

Advertisement