Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 radiators

Options
  • 04-05-2008 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I'll be redoing my loop in a while after i get the time to mod my case a bit but I was looking through a box and found another single 120 rad. I now have two single and a double and am considering looping them altogether. I'll put one single at the front and one at the back and the double is at the top. Is this a bad idea as the air coming into the case will be hot and the radiator at the back will be passing hot air through it?? I'm thinking its a bad idea but at the same time i really like the idea of that many rads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you will prpbably need a second pump too.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

What's your case? Rest of system specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

I've got an E6600 and an 8800gts, I know the double can handle it and i used the flow estimator over on XS and the flow is still great using my D5 vario. I'm doing it more out of interest to see if it'll make any difference on overclocking temps. My main worry is that the air in the case will be highers than ambient as the intake has a single rad on it. I might by some more tubing and do one with just the double and one with all three.

Just using the double is so tempting cause it makes plumbing so easy:)

oh and case is an akasa mirage

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Keep 2 rads, the double and one single. Put the double on the top (preferably outside the case) with the fans blowing out. Put the single on the back 12cm fan (again, rpeferably outside the chassis) and its fan blowing out again.

Your loop should be like pump/tank -> double -> cpu -> single -> vga -> pump.

It's a very light config and the improvement that you will see, will be quite small (if any) in the cpu/gpu, but you will increase your case temperatures (including RAM, NB, SB, HDD, etc.)

With the way I suggested, you will be getting fresh/cool air from the front/side and keep your whole case cool, while the heat from your rads (attached on the outside) will not be affecting the rest of the components.

My €0.02

Advertisement