Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4: Xbox360/PS3

• 04-05-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Right, here is the situation.
    Not being much of a console head since the N64 days, I intend on buying a console to play GTA4.

Problem is, I don't know if I should go with an xbox or a PS3.
    Waiting for the pc version is out of the question, I only run Linux now on the pc's at home. Online play is not much of a problem, as Quake, DEFCON ect cover me. I thought a PS3 might fit the deal, because it offers keyboard and mouse support, and as a bonus, it does not come from Redmond:pac:

Should I just get a cheaper xbox 360 and GTA4?. Proper mouse and keyboard support would be nice, but I understand Microsoft don't want to allow this. Which console gets the green?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I bought a PS3. its quieter, plays Bluray and no RROD worries. Plus it has a lot more grunt than the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Bit of a nOobish question, but what is the highest resolution the game supports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ciaran500 wrote: »

Or for a slightly less wordy comparison between the two consoles have a look at this thread to see which one most other people have got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Thanks for the links lads. Should have read them beforehand:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Looks better on 360 imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i have both systems, but went for the ps3 on the basis of rrod fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭blog_blog_blog

Sold my ps3 60g for 440 and bought 360 + gta 4 for 290 brand new. No looking back(blu ray who ray? Bet doctor who has loads of blu-rays, cos I dont and i,m not gonna ,once I can download xvids. What you need a keyboard and mouse for ? All you need is a Joypad.

If you had to rob a bank or run a race .Which console would I most like to have in my rucksack..Hmm The ps3 is a brick of epic proportions. I reckon that its a storage heater in disguise .Iron hard drive with metal memory and a cripanit cpu .

The 360 20g could easliy be stored inside along with some loot. Although reason for this is that the sony lads wanted to feng shoei the ps3 ,and the keep the PS inside and the 360 has a lead boot for a power supply outside.

360 cheap and cheap games. I notice no diff really. Except from playing games thru hdmi on ps3 .. But I have good quality with component on 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

All this talk aboot Keyboard and Mouse. I can play GTA with Keyboard and Mouse on mah ps3?

• Advertisement
Advertisement