Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drug training

• 04-05-2008 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

What sort of drugs training do you get down in templemoore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

random wrote: »

:eek:...............:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

We ared immune from all forms ofv norcotics so dont even try spiking my drink! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How to roll, how to detect good quality, puff puff give, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Goodness. It's a question not even a Superintendent would ask nevermind a civilian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Seems I've missed some joke here but nevermind!

And thanks to the person who PMed me with a bit more info.

Basically, if someone joins the guards they might know nothing about drugs beyond the hyped up nonsense they read in papers or see on TV. I'm just trying to see what sort of training they get.

Do they get a sample of the drugs laid out in front of them with each one explained to them with common uses, etc.

Some tv shows (yes, tv .. but I'm trying to check!) sees cops tasting the stuff to see if it's real - are you taught to do this? How do you know what to taste for? Do they have trainees doing this down in Templemoore?

Cheers

• Advertisement

I'm also curious bout this :)

Seems I've missed some joke here but nevermind!

And thanks to the person who PMed me with a bit more info.

Basically, if someone joins the guards they might know nothing about drugs beyond the hyped up nonsense they read in papers or see on TV. I'm just trying to see what sort of training they get.

Do they get a sample of the drugs laid out in front of them with each one explained to them with common uses, etc.

Some tv shows (yes, tv .. but I'm trying to check!) sees cops tasting the stuff to see if it's real - are you taught to do this? How do you know what to taste for? Do they have trainees doing this down in Templemoore?

Cheers

Yes we get training in what they look like, what they are, etc but you dont taste cocaine to see if its real. Your tongue will go numb for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Hang on who mentioned cocaine lol:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ive no idea what happens in tempelmore, but, in our school last year, they had a pyscologist come in and talk to us as a group, tell us about all the drugs. what happens, how to detect, how to know when someone is high and stay away, rough prices and showed us all of them(in a locked brifcase), he showed all newspaper articles of cases where people died from drugs etc

Basicaaly, something like that witha bit more detail could be good, because he told us everything we needed to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Your tongue will go numb for starters.

Did you read that in a book Karlito or was it a friend of a friend who told you?:D

• Advertisement

Thats what I thought lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,607 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"Yeth, Judge, I tethed theh thample and ith wath genuine. Man, wath ith genuine!" :eek:

Not your ornery onager

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

you dont taste cocaine to see if its real. Your tongue will go numb for starters.

Unless its crack cocaine that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Funnily enough the charlie I was shown at training school didn't look anything like that in the 30 wraps my first prisoner for possession/pwits had stuck up his behind (I was going to say crack but didn't want to confuse the issue)......:eek:.....though in thinking about it there's only so much you can show the kiddies in training without scaring em ;)

TheNog wrote: »
    Did you read that in a book Karlito or was it a friend of a friend who told you?:D

Nope, I was an idiot and believed TV until my tongue went numb and a drug unit guy started laughing at me!

If only Joe duffy and the evening heral knew of this lmao.

GSOC would have the whole air corps on stand-by to aid the investigation lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Nope, I was an idiot and believed TV until my tongue went numb and a drug unit guy started laughing at me!

Schoolboy error!

I know, was a tongue in cheek comment regarding a bit of kafuffle that happened here recently where they used an air corps heli to fly to the scene of a rta involving an off duty garda.

Advertisement