Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

breath more easily

Options
  • 04-05-2008 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

i have a new suzuki swift sport 1.6 im looking for advice on what the best air filter or induction kit would be for my car.i just want it to breath more easily because ive heard the standard air filters arent as good (air flow wise)as the after market ones.

any replies would be great lads!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

Hey there...

You can fit pretty much anything to that to make it breath more easily...

You can go from a 30euro job at argos all the way up to a 120 quid K&N 57i filter, the choice is yours...

To get started, i recommend getting a cheap one, and maybe fitting it yourself as it's a lot easier than you may think. If you're not confident about that then go to a garage and say you have the part you just want it fitted and get a quote from them...

You should be breathing more easily for no more than 60 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

be carefull though as some open cone filters that angle down in the engine might take on water from a splash through a puddle, this is very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

it's a waste of money wont do anythin but use more petrol unless ur gonna put more parts into it, if ur worried about the original filter ya can get a panel filter form k&n or green that will fit into the original airbox

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

I disagree guil07.

Granted i would recommend a good exhaust system, but i had the induction kit first on my astra 1.4 and it immediately game me better response...

Induction kit is a great investment, but can light the spark for your modification addiction...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

guil07 wrote: »
    it's a waste of money wont do anythin but use more petrol unless ur gonna put more parts into it, if ur worried about the original filter ya can get a panel filter form k&n or green that will fit into the original airbox

i'd have to agree with guil07

it will actually decrease your top end power, it will give you a bit more throttle response if you get a good one but apart from that there just noise makers

a better drop in/panel filter is the best option in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ldusoswa wrote: »
    I disagree guil07.

Granted i would recommend a good exhaust system, but i had the induction kit first on my astra 1.4 and it immediately game me better response...

Induction kit is a great investment, but can light the spark for your modification addiction...

it wont give any noticable difference every one assumes loud=faster but thats not the case

Advertisement