Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchicore Framework Plan

Options
  • 04-05-2008 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there, may be posting in wrong area. Does anyone know what parts of the Inchicore Framework Plan (or Vision for Inchicore) have been implemented. Seems to be 12 areas for development. Unsure of which have been developed so far and which have still to be developed. Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

I presume you're talking about this and the 12 Opportunity sites. Naturally I don't know what behind the scenes work is/has been done - only what I see as a bystander.

4.1 Factory Site
    Not apparent.

4.2 Emmet Road, Gratthan Park
    There is talk about upgrading Grattan Park although this has not been done. One or two (I'd guess the two) of the two building to the right of the old Centra have been demolished and replaced with appartments and ground floor retail - currently empty - proposed as a restaurant.

4.3 Tyrconnell Road, Emmet Road Corner
    Not as far as I can see - note this doesn't include the old cinema which is now appartments and the Tesco express.

4.4 Inchicore Terrace South, Grattan Cresent corner
    This appears complete from Grattan Cresent - there is an Ulsterbank Branch being "installed" in the ground floor retail.

4.5 184 - 203 Emmet Road
    Not apparent.

4.6. Emmet Road - Opposite Workingmen's club
    Half of the area outlined appears redeveloped or in the process there of.

4.7. 145 - 183 Emmet Road
    Not apparent.

4.8 Tyrconnell Road - Beside Bank
    This is in the advanced stage of redevelopment but work ceased and the site has been closed up for quite a while now.

4.9 Grattan Crescent
    Not apparent - however there is talk of replacing the Irish school.

4.10 Emmet Road with SCR junction
    The North West corner has been redeveloped. Horrible looking thing too - IMO.

4.11 Emmet Road, Horse and Jockey and Malones Bar
    Not apparent.

4.12 St James Place
    Not apparent.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 HandyManny

Thanks Dazberry for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 oldman29

Do you know what the apartments being built on Thomas davis street west are?

Advertisement