Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do Irish ladies do? Where do they do things?

Options
  • 04-05-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the appropriate place to start this thread. Apologies if it isn't.

Last night I had a conversation with a German friend of mine who is a girl I'm a guy. The topic was about how I new too many girls who were from outside of Ireland, who were here temporarily thus making rather difficult to get involved with them romantically or other wise. The problem is the only girls I seem to be able to meet are girls from abroad that is since I started trying in Limerick city. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places to meet these elusive Irish women I don't know. But it is close to impossible to think of things to do that involve both men and women equaly of a certain age group(20's) other than the obvious (night clubs, pubs thats it basically). Its really quite frustrating meeting someone new who is only going to be here for 3 to 6 months who already has a life in a completely different country.

Irish ladies where are you? What do you do?
    I know this thread isn't an agony aunt service but it seems to be the only place on the web I can turn to for answers where you don't have to sign up to a dating site(I've had very little luck with them despite my efforts).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Stop looking and youll find one

Where are you meeting these foreign ladies in Limerick?

I do too many boy things....I could do with meeting a few women myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Any chipper/Supermacs at 3am on a Saturday Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Any chipper/Supermacs at 3am on a Saturday Night.

No. He said he was looking a lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I am not a lady so i couldn't tell ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

:DMaternity hospitals. Theres loadsa feckin wimmin in them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

you'll find them at a store near you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I know a girl, Irish, 21 who's absolutely desperate for a boyfriend. Do you want me to set you up with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It a twap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

If it's women you're after in Limerick - Nancy Blakes is the place!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

mp1972 wrote: »
    I know a girl, Irish, 21 who's absolutely desperate for a boyfriend. Do you want me to set you up with her?

Well sure! What do you mean by absolutely desperate though? :)

Redpunto wrote: »
    Stop looking and youll find one

Thats a myth and if it worked I'd be knee deep in girlfriends by now. Care to explain further?

DCC160 wrote: »
    If it's women you're after in Limerick - Nancy Blakes is the place!!

Not so sure I've been in Nancy's plenty of times, maybe I don't have the gift to perform under those conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Well sure! What do you mean by absolutely desperate though? :)

emm...she once told me she prays for a boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

Aerobics classes, full of women:D

lily lou wrote: »
    Aerobics classes, full of women:D

I love it when arrogant manholes, come to aerobics looking for chicks.
    And refuse to start in beginers because it is only silly aerobics, and invaribly die a death during the class. :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Where are you meeting these foreign ladies in Limerick?

I do too many boy things....I could do with meeting a few women myself.

I met them mostly in Daffy's on Catherine Street while learning to salsa.

mp1972 wrote: »
    emm...she once told me she prays for a boyfriend.

I may be the answer to her prayers as long as she I somewhere reasonably close to Limerick.

I may be the answer to her prayers as long as she I somewhere reasonably close to Limerick.

Dublin, sorry. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Aubars, apparently. You could always risk Costellos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Think the op is looking for alternatives to finding women in a bar. Play tag rugby. Played it last year out in Old Crescent and there are loads of women playing. Its good craic and there is always BBQs, Fancy dress etc after the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

:DMaternity hospitals. Theres loadsa feckin wimmin in them.:D
    and you know they definitely put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Start volunteering with a charity - one where you are actively involved - like animal rescue. One I was helping out with have 90% female members.

And if you do volunteer with a charity, even if you don't meet someone there the fact you are involved in helping animals/kids etc will make most women go awwwwwwww. Not to mention the fact you would be doing something great.

Start volunteering with a charity - one where you are actively involved - like animal rescue. One I was helping out with have 90% female members.

And if you do volunteer with a charity, even if you don't meet someone there the fact you are involved in helping animals/kids etc will make most women go awwwwwwww. Not to mention the fact you would be doing something great.

Good advice. Two questions though. Is there a nationwide directory for volunteering? Is it a good idea to volunteer just because you want a girlfriend?
    I have thought about it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Is it a good idea to volunteer just because you want a girlfriend?
    Noooooooo, volunteer for a cause you feel passionate about. You will feel you're doing something worthwhile, which will make you feel even more passionate about the cause and will also raise your self esteem. You will meet like minded people as you go along and immediately have something in common. But there is no point in doing it unless you actually want to make a difference. You could meet someone through it, get something good going and then have to admit you didn't really care :)

There is a volunteering forum on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Convents used to be great places to find Irish women not so much now

Thanks for all the replies, however I still feel to be in square one. I just think my problem isn't common enough for it to be an issue where much advice can be given. Am I right?

No it is hard to meet people in Limerick. Fullstop.
    So there are more single women in Dublin, but still just because you can meet them doesn't mean you like them.

Have you not tried the lodge?

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    No it is hard to meet people in Limerick. Fullstop.
    So there are more single women in Dublin, but still just because you can meet them doesn't mean you like them.

Have you not tried the lodge?

Yes you're right it is difficult to meet people in Limerick. I haven't tried The Lodge. What exactly is this lodge you speak of?

Advertisement