Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cyclist

Options
  • 04-05-2008 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

I was driving last night and I passed a cyclist on a country road. No helmet, no hi-vis jacket, he was barely visible and only because it wasn't too dark. So I was thinking - what if a cyclist cause the accident, who is going to pay? I pressume none of them, cycling bastards has any insurance whatsoever, and most of them won't wear hi-vis jackets and won't use light and so on

what's the story here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

If you had hit him you would automatically be liable.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I can't comment on the legal aspects and insurance, but as a cyclist and somebody who loves driving, referring to cyclists as bastards is hardly the right way to think of fellow road users.

of course the cyclist should be well lit and visible. I couldn't agree with anybody more than that, but an attitude like yours indicates why so many cyclists end up being squashed by cars ... you see them as little more than pests on 'your' road.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What MrPudding said about liability and what preilly79 said about the OP. Can't see this thread going anywhere useful from here on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement