Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Races

Options
  • 04-05-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

First meeting of the season today.

First Race 2.50pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are you into the gg's Sueme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

muffler wrote: »
    Are you into the gg's Sueme

I like going to the races anywhere, otherwise I'm not bothered. Its a great day out.

I'm covered in paint at the moment, so no racing for me today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

sueme wrote: »
    I like going to the races anywhere, otherwise I'm not bothered. Its a great day out.

I'm covered in paint at the moment, so no racing for me today. :(

Deja Vu here.:) I was covered in paint today too, and i could hear the GG's from my house. big crowd by the sound of things....

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Deja Vu here.:) I was covered in paint today too, and i could hear the GG's from my house. big crowd by the sound of things....

Lousy wasn't it! I could hear it too, and the sun shining, typical, the amount of times I've stood up there soaked and freezing!

All my lot went, (I had to keep one eye on At The Races for my child waving at me while I was painting!) and said it was a great crowd. Ruby Walsh got his 1000th Irish winner.

Next meeting 21st May - Evening.

According to the website, there is only one more day meeting this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

sueme wrote: »
    Lousy wasn't it! I could hear it too, and the sun shining, typical, the amount of times I've stood up there soaked and freezing!

All my lot went, (I had to keep one eye on At The Races for my child waving at me while I was painting!) and said it was a great crowd. Ruby Walsh got his 1000th Irish winner.

Next meeting 21st May - Evening.

According to the website, there is only one more day meeting this year.

What date is the day meeting - might take the wee man to have a look. Never been to the races before.

• Advertisement

What date is the day meeting - might take the wee man to have a look. Never been to the races before.

http://www.countysligoraces.com/

Next day meeting is Sunday 13th July.

Its a great day with kids, they can have a good run round as there is no traffic (except race horses..). They have a bar and food is available. We used to bring a picnic and set up camp for the day. The kids love backing their horses and roaring them on!

Btw, the evening meetings are fine with kids too, if the weather is good.

Advertisement