Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can people recommend some european destinations to work in for the summer

Options
  • 04-05-2008 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

can people recommend some european destinations to work in for the summer months?

it doesnt matter what kind of job as long as it covers cost of living and and a couple of nights out.

i want to experience something different for the summer

some job contacts or websites would be appreciated. ive tried the likes of transitionsabroad but its very general info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chicabridget

Hi there.........If you and your friends fancy sunny Spain for 5 months or there abouts contact me. We are looking for workers for a small Irish Pub and also a waiter or waitress for bar & restaurant. We are located in the Salou area which is 100km south of Barcelona. You are guaranteed to meet lots of people and have an alternative way of life for a while!
    Talk soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just a warning to both of you - don't post any personal details up here. Use the private message function to discuss the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And chicabridget, please don't use boards as your recruitment platform. This is a legitimate thread to reply with your position but don't go posting it everywhere please. Try adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

Thanks a lot Gordon, I think youve frightened anyone from posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ive lived and worked in the South of France and in Copenhagen in Denmark

Would recommend either. Probably Denmark if you dont speak french.

• Advertisement

maradona10 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Gordon, I think youve frightened anyone from posting here

How about, instead of posting a smart-ass reply to someone being helpful, you give us some actual information? The readers of this forum are not psychic. What languages do you speak? What skills do you have? Do you have a degree? What past work experience have you? Do you want to be on the coast, in the mountains, somewhere busy, somewhere touristy, a village in the back end of nowhere, a major metropolitan city? By Europe, do you mean France, Spain and Germany? Or do you mean Scotland? Or Croatia/ Latvia/ Poland/ Ukraine? Do you have friends to travel with? Can you afford to rent for the summer on your own? Are you prepared to do grunt work?

No wonder nobody has replied :rolleyes:.

Faith one person did reply and was treated to Gordons response and If you read my post you will see what my preferences are.

Also Faith by Europe I mean Europe as in all countries within its borders

Thanks Snyper for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

maradona10 wrote: »
    Faith one person did reply and was treated to Gordons response and If you read my post you will see what my preferences are.
    Correct, this person in question has already had a post deleted in a different forum for advertising this position. It would have been deleted in this thread too if it wasn't on topic but, it is in this situation.

Don't go blaming me for people not wanting to reply to your thread.

I understand you will want to reply to what I have said above, and fyi I won't reply to your response so you can have the last word in this regard. I don't want to bring this any more off topic than you are making it maradona.

So, to quell my off topicness - try Greece. Try working in the islands as a flyer hander-outer. You get enough for drinks and maybe some cheap accomodation. Great workers community too. Or you could try fruit picking in Greece too. :)

Good luck.

If you're honestly open to going absolutely anywhere in Europe with no regard to weather, location, amenities, language etc, then my honest suggestion is close your eyes and randomly stab at a map of Europe. Go wherever your finger points.

Thanks for explaining Gordon. I didnt realise the person had a post deleted previously. im not blaming anybody, i just couldnt understand the need for the tone of your first post when i read it

• Advertisement
Advertisement