Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty camera from Harvey Norman.

Options
  • 04-05-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi

I bought a digital camera in harvey norman just after christmas. I havent used it to many times but yesterday after charging the battery I found the camera wouldnt work. So my question is what are my rights now. If i bring it back to shop do they have to deal with it for me? I have the receipt. Oh and I bought it during the sale, will this change anything?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bring it back to the shop and they'll either give you a new one or more likely send it off for repair.

they can't legally tell you to go to the manufacturer but some manufacturers, eg apple, have their own very good returns policy so sometimes it's easier for all concerned to deal directly. so they can't force you to do it but keep in mind it might smooth the process

the sale changes nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yamadakuncha

Oh great, thanks for your help.

Advertisement