Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people wanna stay mods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I do it because I'd like for there to be a shooting forum for Irish shooters that didn't read like a badly spelled copy of Guns'n'ammo with spliced-in pages from Combat Monthly or some such mittyesque rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

what i mean is it brings it to our attention.
    if there are mods that are inactive, or not doing a good job, then feedback is exactly the forum to discuss it

A user doubting the suitability / activity / competence of a moderator right here on the feedback forum? Not realistic imho. Said user would be crushed with insults and cat pictures posted by other users, many of them moderators :rolleyes:

An administrator recently called out for an "update" in the moderators forum. To be fair, there were plenty of responses, but very few of the "mod x of forum y should go imo cos they're never around" type

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mainly for the pussy. The moment you mention you're a moderator, the ladies are all over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

if any of the mods step down or retire il be gladly to take the mods position.
    If theres any avialable il be glad for a interview at any time.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

davey180 wrote: »
    That has to be "post of the week" (or year) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

But you're leaving.

But you're leaving.
    nah i like it here as im bored!

nah i like it here as im bored!
    Yip. I would say you're well bored by now. Was it a drill you used ;)

Christ I just love the puns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

What's a Cmod and Smod, anyway?
    So im asking why would you want to stay a mod?

In a particular forum, one mod is still listed even though he sadly passed away before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kelle wrote: »
    What's a Cmod and Smod, anyway?

In a particular forum, one mod is still listed even though he sadly passed away before Christmas.
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Category_Moderator

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Super_Moderator

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »

Wow! And none of these guys get paid -right?

Terry wrote: »
    I do it because I love the feeling of power over you mere mortals.
    Terry, if my memory serves me correctly, did we not say goodbye to you recently as AH moderator? Did you have a change of heart, or did you miss the power you had over us?

Wow! And none of these guys get paid -right?
    Not in the traditional monetary sense.

Not in the traditional monetary sense.

Hmm! So tell me more.....

Oh! So tell me more.....
    Coke & Hookers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That's out of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

unkel wrote: »
    A user doubting the suitability / activity / competence of a moderator right here on the feedback forum? Not realistic imho. Said user would be crushed with insults and cat pictures posted by other users, many of them moderators :rolleyes:

An administrator recently called out for an "update" in the moderators forum. To be fair, there were plenty of responses, but very few of the "mod x of forum y should go imo cos they're never around" type

IM not sure what your point is in quoting both my posts.

im hardly personally responsible for all the cat pictures, and i dont think ive ever crushed anyone that made a suitable suggestion.
    in fact, i positively encourage that sort of disucssion to the point that i ask regularly on the AH forum for feedback.

I cant speak for other moderators, but my view on that sort of behaviour I would have thoughtis well know. If its not, consider it that i frown upon it.

if a mod is not active on a forum, ive suggested that someone post on the feedback forum.
    if you have a better suggestion, then put it forward.

as for mods not responding on the mod forum, well, if they are not active, then... im... not... sure... they... would... answer....?

besides, a mod is hardly likely to actively monitor another mod or forum. the best people to give feedback, is a user.

and if thats the case, then the best place for that, is the feedback forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Not gonan happen buddy :rolleyes:

Anti wrote: »
    Not gonan happen buddy :rolleyes:
    you never know:p im dreaming of becoming a

super moderator :)
    BO3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

attachment.php?attachmentid=55681&stc=1&d=1210171375

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

coke & hookers basically.

he speaks the truth! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

im hardly personally responsible for all the cat pictures, and i dont think ive ever crushed anyone that made a suitable suggestion.
    in fact, i positively encourage that sort of disucssion to the point that i ask regularly on the AH forum for feedback.

I cant speak for other moderators, but my view on that sort of behaviour I would have thoughtis well know. If its not, consider it that i frown upon it.

The rolleyes wasn't aimed at you at all! Sorry if I gave that impression. You're a regular contributor to feedback threads. And I know you're no fan of the cat pics. And I wouldn't have thought admins are big fans either. It just seems to be a reality, unfortunately
    a mod is hardly likely to actively monitor another mod or forum. the best people to give feedback, is a user.

and if thats the case, then the best place for that, is the feedback forum.

I agree. I just can't see it happen though. A user giving feedback on a particular modding decision, yes. A (probably regular) user of a particular forum giving feedback about an inactive moderator on that forum, no

Do I have a better solution? Well, no. Except that the recent "moderator purge request" thread by an administrator resulted in a fairly decent cleanup of moderators

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yep, and thats fine.

all im saying is that if there happens to be an inactive mod, then the best way for that information to be relayed back to those that need to know is through the feedback forum.

regardless of the cat pictures and the general childish behaviour of some people on here, its probably importnat that we know if a mod is inactive.

the purge request thread is fine, but as i said, we dont monitor each other, so its vey easy to miss out on a few forums where there is no active mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Human nature being what it is, mods themselves are very slow to say someone isn't pulling their weight, not to mind users putting their hands up.

Neither group are shy about volunteering for mod positions though, which is better than the alternative.

You're right of course, Feedback is the place, but I can't see people queueing up to say "Yer man is dossing". Unless of course they have a grievance to air, and are looking for stones to throw.

At the end of the day, the important thing is to make sure forums are covered. If someone wants to ride the four star gravy train, then that's really an admin issue to remedy, or one for that someone's own conscience, I guess.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55681&stc=1&d=1210171375
    Ann robbinson"Why did you vote for davey?"
    Davey " because i couldnt vote for myself! ":p:p

RuggieBear wrote: »
    your moaning about Amp, aren't you?
    I reported a post in tcn a few weeks ago and he responded within minutes..

I reported a post in tcn a few weeks ago and he responded within minutes..
    Earth minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It'll be six days tommorrow morning since i reported a post and still no reply.

I think no forum should be without at least 2 mods. Is feedback the place to request another mod be instated?

Earth minutes?
    Cuckoo minutes! = (3.147 earth minutes/pastry) * (27 furlongs/fortnight)

45 minutes

• Advertisement

It'll be six days tommorrow morning since i reported a post and still no reply.?
    More often than not you wont receive a reply to a reported post. Mods deal with these issues (if they need dealt with at all at times) in their own time and in their own way.

Just because you have not received a reply doesn't mean that the mod concerned hasn't seen the reported post or hasn't dealt with it.

Advertisement