Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overseas Trip

• 04-05-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Are there any members interested in travelling to Shepton Mallet in September and continuing to The Rhine Valley from Koln to Rudesheim in Germany. While there you will have the Rhine in Flames and St. Goarshausen Wine Festival. Have done this trip on a number of occasions.
    If interested send me a private message

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wohnmobile

I took part in a similar trip in 2006. It was well organised with a detailed road book supplied detailing all driving instructions and good detailed maps. The trip first went to Shepton Mallet Showground's for the September Motorhome Show. On Sunday afternoon we travelled to Dover and onwards to Calais where we overnighted. Te following day we stocked up with French Wines and provisions before travelled to a caravan park near Brussels. The next day we travelled to Köln where we stayed for two days in a very nice site by the banks of the Rhine. We visited the most beautiful cathedral “The Dom” which escaped the bombings of World War 2. We then travelled down the banks of the Rhine to Rudesheim overnighting on the way at Koblenz. We spent some days in Rudesheim where one could use the local trains to visit Mainz, Wiesbaden and Frankfurt. A cruise on the Rhine was organised which was spectacular. Ramble along the world famous Drosselgasse and listen to the live music from the taverns. There was a meal arranged for all members of our group at one of these taverns one night and after the meal we danced the night away in the tavern before returning to our campervans. The highlight of the trip for me was the fireworks display at St. Goar/St. Goarshausen and their wine festival which is set in the alleyways of the village. Street dancing and plenty of local wines, the atmosphere was electric. The longest drive would have been from Shepton Mallet to Dover. In mainland Europe the longest drive was about 90/100 miles. It was a most enjoyable well run holiday and I would go as far as saying ideal for anybody who hasn’t ventured abroad before. It was our first trip overseas.

Advertisement