Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory upgrade

Options
  • 04-05-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

I wanted to upgrade the memory on a Dell dimensions XPS T series with a pentium 3.
    I have 3 slots, one with a 128 and one with a 256 I was going to put 3 x 256 just to eke another year or two out of it,it is already 8 yrs old but does me,I can only find kingston 256Mb at 133mhz and my computer is at 100mhz.It would be cheaper to put 3 new 256 in rather than go to Dell and buy 2x 256 at 100mhz.

Would there be any problem replacing all 3 chips with 133mhz or is there a different solution.Do i have to back anything up or just a straight swap.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There should be no problem. The ram will run at the lower speed if the motherboard doesn't support it. All you have to do is pull out the old stuff and put in the new stuff.

Advertisement