Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landcruiser Amazon

Options
  • 04-05-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Is the Amazon/100 the only 4x4 that will comfortably seat 7 adults, I know the Pajero can't as it has tiny rear seats but the pic of this would suggest 7 can be seated.

Can they??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

Toyota make the 79 series landcrusier for some markets though not here in ireland. AKA "Troop Carrier" or "Troopie" has to fold up inwards facing rear benches that seat 8. and the front has a bench seat for 3. The RV version has a single front seating bench in the rear and is plated to carry 7 though this would be very uncomfortable. The 79 series is a very heavy duty off roader with a 4.5 V8 turbo diesel engine. I ve just imported my 75 series RV from Australia so good it is.

28349.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

ninty9er wrote: »
    Is the Amazon/100 the only 4x4 that will comfortably seat 7 adults, I know the Pajero can't as it has tiny rear seats but the pic of this would suggest 7 can be seated.

Can they??

Yes they can. Range Rover would too, but the Toyota is a better buy. That one looks like a good deal, lot of mileage and reflected in the price but a Toyota should be good for a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Those Amazons are absolute monsters ..huge in every way

The discovery also comes with 7 seats

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

Doea Volkswagan still make 4x4 vans / camper vans check this viddie out.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7PTdLdLaE&eurl=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055284054

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

caoibhin wrote: »
    Yes they can. Range Rover would too, but the Toyota is a better buy. That one looks like a good deal, lot of mileage and reflected in the price but a Toyota should be good for a lot more.

It's for multiple club purposes at college, towing etc. I'm coming up agains a "but this one is cheaper mentality" pointing at a 92k miles MANUAL:eek::eek: Amazon. Imagine how hard that would be to shift in 3 years!!

• Advertisement

Tonka wrote: »
    Doea Volkswagan still make 4x4 vans / camper vans check this viddie out.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7PTdLdLaE&eurl=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055284054

Nice find, but it needs to be low enough for rowing boats to overshoot it. That's probably a little tall. We already have aa minibus and sprinter anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Those Amazons are good for about 500k I believe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

ninty9er wrote: »

Those Amazons are good for about 500k I believe??

Yep, if looked after. Lovely drive out on the open road, a great cruiser and good off road. I wouldnt fancy driving it about town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

caoibhin wrote: »
    Yep, if looked after. Lovely drive out on the open road, a great cruiser and good off road. I wouldnt fancy driving it about town though.

Open road will be it's main area of use, towing boats. Why oh why did they ever make the things in manual....someone just replied to my email about said vehicle saying this was a better deal because it's newer with lower milage. :eek: I've also got an auto basher reply

1)Milage and year don't determine a vehicle's condition

2)Eh hello!! it's an Amazon:rolleyes:

3)Try shifting a manual cloth upholstered Amazon with 180k on the clock in 3 years time vs an auto with leather

@ Bazz, it'll be mainly open road so I'm pushing auto. It will see fields and hills, but I don't imagine that'll be a problem. The Patrol auto is only 4 speed, though with 5 I'm not sure the Amazon of that era would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

bazz26 wrote: »

The amazon is an incredible machine - air suspension, great power, amazing comfort levels parallel to a range rover. Whether it looks as good can be debated..
    In comparison, the patrol is a sluggish, uncomfortable tractor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Do you really need 4x4 ?

If not ...how about a Japanese import Toyota Hiace passenger van?

3 liter diesel engine, automatic and more comfortable for your passengers.

EDIT

some of these Japanes import vans also come with 4x4 and the Mitsubishi Delica for example should fit the bill perfectly

800px-P5270011_Mitsubishi_Delica_Super_Exceed_%28RLH%29.JPG

It will see the wrong side of a ditch from time to time, but will spend a hell-of-a-lot of time on the roads between fields. It'll get a whole lot of use. We put a Sprinter in the "fleet" last July and there's 30k on it from club and society use. It's been to France, Switzerland, Scotland and Wales and the activities include caving and mountaineering in remote areas. Some areas were in-accessable to the Sprinter. We also have a minibus, but at 15 seats the D1 requirement means it gets minimal use.

I would be slightly wary of anything even a few inches taller than the average 4x4 for rowing boats to overshoot the roof, or something with more than 8 seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I own an amazon.....the best jeep I ever have driven.....it doesnt have the street cred of a range rover nor does it have the reliability issues.

It will tow anything..... mixed driving I get 30mpg......another member of my family has done 250k miles on his.....not a bother.

When I see a 100k miles Amazon, its just run in. Just check the that it has an oil change ever 6k.....

It also doesnt attract the thiefs as much as other 4x4's. It has two batteries....engine is a 4.2 lump straight six turbo diesel....bomb proof.

You can easily change it to commercial if required.

What speaks volumes of its toughness and reliability it the aussies use them in the outback and the lads in dubai doing the desert safaris use them and big GMC's.....everything else is muck.

Besta luck and there's amazing value out their with fuel prices through the roof. Dealers cant wait to get rid of 2nd hand 4x4s and will give em away

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Amazon/TOYOTA-AMAZON/1040850/

I'd offer them 16.5k cash....you wouldnt get a fiesta for that and look what your getting. Oh yeah servicing is a peach....all bolt on bolt off stuff...

Bearcat wrote: »
    I own an amazon.....the best jeep I ever have driven.....it doesnt have the street cred of a range rover nor does it have the reliability issues.
    Great, someone who has one. This is a deal breaker. Is the 3rd row suitable for 2 adults? up to what height?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

yes it can fit 2 adults with remember like all rear rear seats there is no footwell as its part of the boot. Cant recommend it enough. Burton 4x4 are the experts with these jeeps. They I see have an amazon in on their books and it looks v tidy.

Dont worry about tyres...I bought them off eiretyres and got a tyre place to fit them. If you live in a tight cul da sac, shes a big girl...take all into consideration.

I have just 24k on mine....and its a keeper. There is a very loyal amazon community here......they just dont sell them.

I repeat just check the servicing....over 80k miles make sure all the belts in the engine have been replaced and thats it.

Cant reiteriate how good these machines are. I have driven Landies, Range rovers etc etc....The Amazon is the real real deal. Dont mind the landie add 4x4xfar....load of junk. This puppy is the daddy of all 4x4s.

Advertisement