Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Clements - One Handed Bass Player

• 04-05-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

After my latest purchase, I was browsing the Internet for bass-related videos when I came across this guy called Bill Clements. He lost most of his right arm in an accident but adapted his left hand playing technique to compensate.

Have a listen to these videos with your eyes closed. You wouldn't think that was all being done with just one hand would you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

that second video was the most tasteless bass playing I have ever seen. It was the same thing over and over...and over.

Fair play to him on his technique, he must be putting his left hand under serious strain. I would imagine the reason for his choice of playing was that sustained melodic stuff would be hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'd like to see the fúcker play a fretless. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

sei046 wrote: »
    that second video was the most tasteless bass playing I have ever seen. It was the same thing over and over...and over.
    :eek: Wow, harsh but having watched the video in it's entirety I have to agree with you to a certain extent. He doesn't repeat that much but it's not the most memorable of sequences, that's for sure! Have a look at his MySpace page. There are some quite interesting songs on there.
    Parsley wrote: »
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Parsley wrote: »

Apparently he is a fúcker, I know a guy who knows him. And his playing is pretty tasteless IMO. :rolleyes:

Advertisement