Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Earth: Dunmore Harbour

• 04-05-2008 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    was just measuring the distance between Dunmore East lighthouse and Hook Head lighthouse and I noticed a plane to the S of Dunmore East.
    I can't tell if it is flying really low and the second image is a shadow or if there was some ghosting during the image capture or what.

Anyone any ideas? If you've got Google Earth you can zoom right in a have a good look.
    Cheers.

planevl4.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Roen ,

Here is an explanation to the ghosting you seen on that plane , if you look close enough you may see its a United Airlines plane .

If you go to Dunmore at 5 or 6 most clear mornings you will see quiet a lot of jets making their way from the US to Europe sometimes it like Military jets in formation cool to see with the sun rising .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I imagine it's one of these puppies:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-777-222-ER/1351816/M/

London to NY or Chicago probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

its a ghost pane it's been there for the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

ec18 wrote: »
    its a ghost pane it's been there for the last 2 weeks

It's been there longer than that. At least since the last time this thread was done;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Jambo wrote: »
    Roen ,

Here is an explanation to the ghosting you seen on that plane , if you look close enough you may see its a United Airlines plane .

If you go to Dunmore at 5 or 6 most clear mornings you will see quiet a lot of jets making their way from the US to Europe sometimes it like Military jets in formation cool to see with the sun rising .

Brilliant explanation there Jambo, and it actually meant something to me as well :)

Kahless I did have a vague memory of a similar thread but a search returned nowt unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is possibly the third thread on this topic!

edit oops I see kahless also remembers!

Mike.

Advertisement