Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad's 50th Birthday present, haven't a clue!

Options
  • 04-05-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hey all,

My Dad's 50 on Wednesday and I've been racking my brains for weeks to come up with a decent present for him.

He's got everything really he doesn't need anything but I've got to get something!! He's a keen golfer and sailor and also supports Liverpool. He also considers himself a good cook but he doesn't really do that much. I was thinking of a French/Italian cookery course somewhere in Ireland but haven't been able to find anything.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Bit expensive but this site has a one week course http://www.cooksacademy.com/index.php or this site has some courses that have already started but some that start soon http://www.dublincookeryschool.ie/dublin_cookery_courses.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Flying lesson? Rally driving up north? Golfing in Dubai? Boating on the Shannon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

I don't know if it's available in your part of Ireland but a few years ago for my mum and dads anniversary my sis and me got them a helicopter flight over Belfast.

They absolutely loved it. I think it was only about £150 for an hour or so.

Well worth thinking about, esp if you have a sibling to share the financial burden with

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pikku

For my dad's 60th (same could apply for 50 tho!) I sat down and wrote all about all the different memories i had of things that had happened between us over the years, from when i was a nipper and spent a quiet afternoon picking off all the baby tomatoes from the plant he'd been slaving over and nursing for months right up to funny incidents with first boyfriends or whatever,. I then typed it out nicely and bound it properly, and presented it to him as a book of memories, with of course, his birthday date and a dedication on the cover.

it took a little time to do this, but it was so well worth it.

he loved it, and it was worth more to him than anything i could;ve bought - just because, money couldnt really buy such a gift!

Advertisement