Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank for Australia?

Options
  • 04-05-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

What's the best bank to use for Australia?

I'll likely be transferring money in and out of my AIB account.

I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Westpac spring to mind as one of the bigger Australian banks.

Do a quick google search as a lot of them have UK branches where you can open AUD accounts.

However, make sure to check their money laundering rukes as I know some of them let you deposit into the account, but to withdraw you have to present all your paperwork to a branch in Australia (this rule only applies if you open the account outside of Australia) if you open within Australia you should be fine.

cheers

Fintan

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm an ANZ customer and had no problems transferring my money over from Bank of Ireland. Have a look at their website www.anz.com.au

Alternative banks include WestPac, Nab and Commonwealth.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I was with westpac. All banks are very expesive over there, crazy charges. see who's cheapest, or you might get it free if you are a student etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I used commonwealth and never had any problems.

Advertisement