Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bart - Bus and Rail times program

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i saw that happen on a k810i too. Must be something to do with how the phones handle web pages. Tell me, if you scroll down can you see the information that you're meant to see below all the code?

I'm afraid not. I can see that it's html code and it mentions stuff about being redirected but obviously an application isn't going to redirect to some other page, and ends with "For assistance, contact your network support team", well, before ending the html code.

I tried out the rail elements and I just get a message saying failed to get data.

I'm with 3 and I don't have any issues with other applications, so maybe it is a phone thing.

Actually, with AFT I always get a message saying there was a problem with sending your message even though it is sending so maybe that's along the same lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I'm afraid not. I can see that it's html code and it mentions stuff about being redirected but obviously an application isn't going to redirect to some other page, and ends with "For assistance, contact your network support team", well, before ending the html code.

I tried out the rail elements and I just get a message saying failed to get data.

I'm with 3 and I don't have any issues with other applications, so maybe it is a phone thing.

Actually, with AFT I always get a message saying there was a problem with sending your message even though it is sending so maybe that's along the same lines.

try my IRL Cinema Guide, you'll get the same! Some users on 3 get this. You dont by any change have a Sony Ericsson do you?

try my IRL Cinema Guide, you'll get the same! Some users on 3 get this. You dont by any change have a Sony Ericsson do you?

Yeah, I just got a http 302 error, and yes I so have a SE.

Damn, I thought since the likes of streaming finally started working for me I wouldn't have any more problems!

The strange thing is though, previous versions of AFT didn't give me an error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Damn, I thought since the likes of streaming finally started working for me I wouldn't have any more problems!

The strange thing is though, previous versions of AFT didn't give me an error message.

would you be able to try your sim in a different phone? 3 do some odd things and it could be a problem at their end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Nice app Vimes!
    Question or request. Is it possible to have an option to define the access point automatically? I only ask because Psiloc came out with a great little app called connect recently and it defaults to home wifi if at home and 3G if not, saves a key press on S60 phones. Cheers,
    Q.

• Advertisement

quintron wrote: »
    Nice app Vimes!
    Question or request. Is it possible to have an option to define the access point automatically? I only ask because Psiloc came out with a great little app called connect recently and it defaults to home wifi if at home and 3G if not, saves a key press on S60 phones. Cheers,
    Q.

i don't know tbh. i've been looking for an option to do it on my phone but can't find one. i think it might be a symbian specific thing and bart is written in java. do you know if Psiloc's app is symbian or java?

Psilocs app is sisx Symbian. S60 phones used to have access point groups, and for some reason Nokia ditched them. So Psiloc stepped in to offer a very simple functionality.. By defining itself as an access point, it will hunt for wifi before opting for a network 3G, GRPS signal in an effort to speed up things and save data bills etc.
    It galls me a bit to have to pay 10euro for something that was in the OS before but it works and is faster than access point groups of old.
    Anyway bottom line, is there anywhere from within the java app that it can default to an access point name on startup?
    In my case I would put in there... 'Psiloc Connect' as the apn covering all bases. Otherwise one could put in '3' as default access point on 3 handsets, vodafone live! as apn on voda handsets etc.
    Is it possible to write it into the startup I wonder?
    Don't know much about java at all but I suspect while appearing simple its difficult as even Gmails java app does not offer an option to "store" a default access point for future running of the program, which is annoying... maybe my going with the common disclaimer "allow XXX application to access the internet" they are not culpible for end users who don't have data tariffs and unwittingly or unknowingly end up with extorionate data bills... and then try to blame the network or, the software provider..

I suspect the latter, still it would be a great feature to have in a menu somewhere for those that wanted the option to permanently define the default apn for the program.

PS: Is it something that can be added to the manifest?

i'll take a look and see what i can find but my first instinct is to say it can't be done because the java version of opera can't do it and the symbian version can. you'd think that if they could do it in both versions they would

symbian apps can do a hell of a lot more than java apps

I agree. It's a long shot, I'll have a look into it myself as well to see if there are any options.
    Cheers!

its all about how the app handles the 302 responce that Sony Ericsson phones get on 3. I just show "Http: Responce 302" instead of the html code you see from 3 in Sam Vimes app.

• Advertisement

its all about how the app handles the 302 responce that Sony Ericsson phones get on 3. I just show "Http: Responce 302" instead of the html code you see from 3 in Sam Vimes app.

but basically you haven't found a solution to the problem? it's a problem with the se firmwarwe is it?

would you be able to do me a big favour and post the text you get back? if you can spot a link in the code, you should be able to ignore most of the code and just post a line or two above and below the link

but basically you haven't found a solution to the problem? it's a problem with the se firmwarwe is it?

its a bit of 3 and Sony Ericsson, ideally we should be able to read the "location" in the http header to re-direct to the actual page, but some Sony Ericsson dont do this automatically. I have tried to redirect to this through the app manually and no joy, i have also formed a proxy url like you see in 3's redirect info page and i still get redirected to the the very same page.

I used some http cookie code for j2me but it made no difference.

would you be able to do me a big favour and post the text you get back? if you can spot a link in the code, you should be able to ignore most of the code and just post a line or two above and below the link

Yeah it's:
    <TR><TD>
    <FONT face+"Helvetica">
    Click <a href="http://notify.three.co.uk/notify-Interstitial?http/cabaal.org/aHR0cDovL2NhYmFhbC5vcmcvY2FiYmFnZS9idXMucGhwP3JvdXRlPTEyMyZkYXk9MSZ0aW1lPTIwNDc=">here</a&gt; if you are not automatically directed.
    </FONT>
    </TR></TD>

(I hope I got that all right)

I haven't been able to try on another phone yet but from the above conversation it looks like it will only happen in a SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

When I download this to a O2 SE W200 it saves it to Saved Webpages and the only option available is View. If I try to view it nothing happens. It works fine on a SE K800.

Any ideas?

When I download this to a O2 SE W200 it saves it to Saved Webpages and the only option available is View. If I try to view it nothing happens. It works fine on a SE K800.

Any ideas?

do you have a usb cable so you can transfer the file to the phone?
    Yeah it's:
    <TR><TD>
    <FONT face+"Helvetica">
    Click <a href="http://notify.three.co.uk/notify-Interstitial?http/cabaal.org/aHR0cDovL2NhYmFhbC5vcmcvY2FiYmFnZS9idXMucGhwP3JvdXRlPTEyMyZkYXk9MSZ0aW1lPTIwNDc=">here</a&gt; if you are not automatically directed.
    </FONT>
    </TR></TD>

(I hope I got that all right)
    ah yes i remember that. it took me about 4 months of calls to get that problem fixed. it's something 3 did last september to mess up their network. i don't think there's anything i can do to fix it. opera mini wouldn't work either back then and this was on a nokia n70. all i can suggest is that you call 3 and try really hard to explain to the script monkeys what the problem is. try to get them to escalate it to the people who know stuff if you can

its a weird problem. My friend put his sim card into my nokia phone and he can then use my app. I put my sim into his sony ericsson and i see the problem above that i didn't get on my nokia.

i think maybe nokia possibly uses its standard internet browsers libraries for http connections in java micro at the virtual machine level which possibly has access to its sessions/cookies history. I don't know, just a thought.

also some pages on the internet highlight issues with sony ericsson and 302 responses. Calling that proxy url manually from the app won't help as 3 assumes its the first time you open a page due to no session/cookie history.

Yes, I remember all that crap with 3 using a proxy so everything was messed up, and they had no idea what it was about. But opera mini, gmail etc. work so it a different variant, one which I would have a hard time explaining.

Sam Vimes, even with your 4 months of calling, I wonder would you get the same issue if you tried your sim in an SE, as happened to damo2k above.

At least being with 3 means it doesn't cost too much to go to the actual sites that the data is sourced from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

do you have a usb cable so you can transfer the file to the phone?

Which folder would I copy the jar file into?
    I already have AFT in the phone and it doesn't show in any of the folders.

Forget the above. Downloaded the jar file to the PC, emailed it to o2 email account, accessed o2 mail on the phone, then saved attachment into phone. All is well now

bart should now work for X and N routes. no need to download a new client

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

For anyone that is interested, i have created a web version of bart. Information available from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Is this just for Dublin bus?

Is this just for Dublin bus?

Yes it is

Bart had stopped working for trains because irish rail blocked my website so I've put the scripts on another server and it's working again but for how long I don't know

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Bart had stopped working for trains because irish rail blocked my website so I've put the scripts on another server and it's working again but for how long I don't know
    Haahaha they blocked me too..

Have you updated the bus scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'll host them if ye like.

Where do I find these scripts?

Where do I find these scripts?

There ya go. Not a comment among them :D

Ronny has a website?
    There ya go. Not a comment among them :D
    I'll have a look at them later.

The bus ones should be easier to recode now though seeing as the bus times now go across rather than down. :)

jmccrohan wrote: »
    The bus ones should be easier to recode now though seeing as the bus times now go across rather than down. :)

Now that's an ambitious statement :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Sam where do i get the user name and passwrd for this app?

Advertisement