Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bart - Bus and Rail times program

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sam where do i get the user name and passwrd for this app?

There is no username and password for this app. Are you getting asked for a username and password when you try to connect to the internet? If so, what phone do you have and what network are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Sam,

The dart part doesn't seem to be working. I've tried it on 3, O2 and wifi. "Failed to connect"

Also, is there any chance you could add an option to change servers, like in AFT Cabbage? :o

Thanks, ambrose

*EDIT: doh ;)

Hi Sam,

The dart part doesn't seem to be working. I've tried it on 3, O2 and wifi. "Failed to connect"

Also, is there any chance you could add an option to change servers, like in AFT? :o

Thanks, ambrose

I don't think AFT ever had an option to change servers, you might be thinking of cabbage. Adding that option shouldn't be a problem.

The dart part is working for me. you might need to download bart 1.1 from http://cabbagetexter.com/bart

Thanks Sam. I had the older version on my N95 sorry! It's working fine via O2 and wifi. Excellent! :D

Hmm not sure why its still not working on the e71 on 3. Probably network problems. I'll try it again later.

Thanks again, ambrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bala

Thanks Sam. I had the older version on my N95 sorry! It's working fine via O2 and wifi. Excellent! :D

Hmm not sure why its still not working on the e71 on 3. Probably network problems. I'll try it again later.

Thanks again, ambrose.

Seem to have the same problem on my N95 on 3

• Advertisement

bala wrote: »
    Seem to have the same problem on my N95 on 3

Works on my N95 on 3. Mine isn't a 3 branded one though which might make a difference

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Works on my N95 on 3. Mine isn't a 3 branded one though which might make a difference

Mine is not 3 branded too .

Ahhhhh . Mis spelled the "to Station". Would it be a good idea to display an error message is the to/from stations do not exist. Brilliant program

Mine is not 3 branded too .

Ahhhhh . Mis spelled the "to Station". Would it be a good idea to display an error message is the to/from stations do not exist. Brilliant program

You don't need to spell it. Press options and you'll see two options, from station and to station and from there you can pick your station

But you're right, an error would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sam Vimes wrote:
    There ya go. Not a comment among them
    Thanks, duly hosted here.
    Feel free to use that if they block your server.
    Is it an easy fix to implement an option in settings to choose the parser like in damo's irlcg?
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    Ronny has a website?
    Indeed I do, but there's nothing on it (yet).
    http://ronanmisteil.ie

Thanks, duly hosted here.
    Feel free to use that if they block your server.
    Is it an easy fix to implement an option in settings to choose the parser like in damo's irlcg?
    Yeah it's simple enough. The option is already in cabbage mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You don't need to spell it. Press options and you'll see two options, from station and to station and from there you can pick your station

Been using Bart for months now and can't believe I didn't see this feature.
    Stoopid users !
    A mighty app just got even better ! Sam, you rock. You just rock.

long_b wrote: »
    Been using Bart for months now and can't believe I didn't see this feature.
    Stoopid users !
    A mighty app just got even better ! Sam, you rock. You just rock.

Why thank you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi sam, great app, just a little thing i noticed was that buses some routes don't work properly e.g.140,151. I presume its because they say they run they run every 10 minutes until a particular time instead of listing every individual time.

squared wrote: »
    Hi sam, great app, just a little thing i noticed was that buses some routes don't work properly e.g.140,151. I presume its because they say they run they run every 10 minutes until a particular time instead of listing every individual time.

Yes that is why. I'll get to that. Thanks for reporting it. There's no way I'm going through every possible bus route myself to make sure they all work :)

Hiya Sam,

Been using this app for 2 months now and it works a treat. I have 1 little suggestion for an enhancement. In the Menu can there be an option "Get Return Times". This option would display the times for the return journey for the stations entered. Currently one has to manually swap the to and from station and select Get times.

Good work Mate

Hiya Sam,

Been using this app for 2 months now and it works a treat. I have 1 little suggestion for an enhancement. In the Menu can there be an option "Get Return Times". This option would display the times for the return journey for the stations entered. Currently one has to manually swap the to and from station and select Get times.

Good work Mate

Hi, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I had already got annoyed by that myself and added an option to swap the from and to stations but I hadn't uploaded it :)

It doesn't automatically execute the request though, it just swaps the stations in the text boxes but it's faster than doing it manually.

Btw, you might not have noticed the two options "From station" and "To station". They give you an alphabetical list of every station so you can select one instead of typing it in

If you go to www.cabbagetexter.com/bart you can get the new version (V1.3)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Cheers for this mate!

Hi Sam,

I seem to be having trouble with BART. I'm able to get the next north/south dart ok, but for some reason I'm not able to get the dart timetable. I select to/from etc., and nothing happens. Not working on N95, E71 or blackberry - meteor/3 or wifi.

Thanks, ambrose

Hi Sam,

I seem to be having trouble with BART. I'm able to get the next north/south dart ok, but for some reason I'm not able to get the dart timetable. I select to/from etc., and nothing happens. Not working on N95, E71 or blackberry - meteor/3 or wifi.

Thanks, ambrose

It looks like Irish rail have changed their website and the script is getting stuck in an finite loop because it's waiting for some text that never appears. I'll have to take a look at it and get back to you

Thanks Sam.

BART is just so handy to use on the mobile rather than the dart website!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

is it updated now? not trying to rush ya just am wondering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

The commuter rail times won't work at the moment. Buses and DARTS are working fine...I get the message "failed to get data" almost within a second (over wifi) when I try to check.

It should be working again

Yay! Thanks Sam. Can confirm it's working again. :)

"Failed to get data" error popping up again today.

Any ideas?

Nope it's working fine for me, dart, bus and regular trains. Are you still having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Still getting the same message (over WiFi)

It actually does seem to be working over wifi, but not on meteor DATA.

Oh wait, it is working on meteor this morning. I must be going mad.

• Advertisement

I don't think you are. Cabbage has been having problems over meteor data too, meteor seems to be randomly losing access to my website. I'm keeping an eye on it

Advertisement