Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bart - Bus and Rail times program

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't think you are. Cabbage has been having problems over meteor data too, meteor seems to be randomly losing access to my website. I'm keeping an eye on it

Great app Sam.
    One thing though- the automatic time that comes up seems to be an hour behind. You need to move it forward an hour before you can get buses for the relevant time.
    Maybe it's something i'm doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Is it always behind? When you first open the program it takes the time directly from the phone but if you minimise it and bring it back it up later it'll still have the same time. Could that be what's happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Is it always behind? When you first open the program it takes the time directly from the phone but if you minimise it and bring it back it up later it'll still have the same time. Could that be what's happening?

No, just opened it again there- still 1 hour behind the time on my phone.
    Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I've been using this for a while for bus times but recently it keeps saying "no such route found" when I search for times for the 17 bus route. Other routes work fine (such as 17a, or 14). Any ideas?

I've been using this for a while for bus times but recently it keeps saying "no such route found" when I search for times for the 17 bus route. Other routes work fine (such as 17a, or 14). Any ideas?

I'll have to change the script to handle it automatically but for the moment if you search for "New-Route-17" (without quotes, case sensitive) it should work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I'll have to change the script to handle it automatically but for the moment if you search for "New-Route-17" (without quotes, case sensitive) it should work

Thanks man, that works great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

FYI Sam, Dart part of BART is giving 'failed to get data', rest of the program is working perfectly.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    FYI Sam, Dart part of BART is giving 'failed to get data', rest of the program is working perfectly.

Sorry I forgot all about this response :D

I'll look into it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've used your app for the last few months and its really good (Thanks!!) but now I've a new handset and was wondering if you had plans to port it to say the n900? I've no programming skills whatsoever so i've no idea how or how long that would take so feel free to tell me to sod off! ;)

LoGiE wrote: »
    I've used your app for the last few months and its really good (Thanks!!) but now I've a new handset and was wondering if you had plans to port it to say the n900? I've no programming skills whatsoever so i've no idea how or how long that would take so feel free to tell me to sod off! ;)

I have no plans to port it to the N900 at the moment I'm afraid but you're not the first person to ask about it so I might look into it at some point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

I have no plans to port it to the N900 at the moment I'm afraid but you're not the first person to ask about it so I might look into it at some point

There'd be quite a few of use who'd be interested in this. Matrim already ported the webtxter and it's noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

just a question. does it not have the times for any bus/train going to northern ireland? i'm trying to find the dublin to derry bus times. as i use that every few months to visit family.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Hi just wondering if the 42b bus route is on the system ? I tried but couldn't find it. Hope you can help

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if the 42b bus route is on the system ? I tried but couldn't find it. Hope you can help

Search for 42ab

If you're wondering what to type in for a particular route, go to this page and search for it: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=route

when you get it there look at the link at the top.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/42ab/

You can see there it's 42ab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 azerty1111_1111

Hi,

Do you know if there is something wrong with Bart?it was working fine 2 weeks ago but i got an error message (the same error message with 2 differents phones).

Thank you

Hi,

Do you know if there is something wrong with Bart?it was working fine 2 weeks ago but i got an error message (the same error message with 2 differents phones).

Thank you

Hi, you're the second person to report a problem with it. I'll take a look and get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

It works fine for trains and buses, but not for DARTs.

Adro947 wrote: »
    It works fine for trains and buses, but not for DARTs.

Is it working for the darts now?

And what bus route are you using it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Hey, sorry i never got back to you in the other thread Sam, I was busy moving house. The 15b and 74a bus routes don't work on an n95 8gb, i didn't try any other routes. I noticed dublin bus changed their website layout as well, that could be it?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Hey, sorry i never got back to you in the other thread Sam, I was busy moving house. The 15b and 74a bus routes don't work on an n95 8gb, i didn't try any other routes. I noticed dublin bus changed their website layout as well, that could be it?

Thanks for the route numbers. Someone else said that everything except the dart was fine (which is fixed now) so I don't think it is to do with dublin bus changing their layout but I'll look into it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi Sam. Unable to get bus times displayed (11a, 220). BART is only retrieving the Route info :confused:

Hi, sorry it's been a while, I had to redo most of the script to cope with the new website. Could you try out the routes you mentioned now and see if they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Great work Sam, it's working now. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

This isn't working for me. Trying to get bus times on a Nokia.

Advertisement