Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealers who don't know their product

Options
  • 04-05-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

Kinda following on from AudiChris's thread a few weeks ago but what the hell is the story with dealers who seem to have very limited knowledge about the cars they're meant to be selling?! I've posted previously about having to tell a Honda dealer principal about the prices he *should* be charging but the Ford salesman yesterday really took the biscuit! Was checking out the Mondeo and he had no idea that it was available with a 2.2l diesel engine (and has been for several months)! Refused to believe me until he checked with someone else! Even at that he wasn't exactly doing his best to sell it to me - "You wouldn't know what they'd be like"; "not much point buying it - I wouldn't take it back in a couple of years as a trade in". He also reckoned that the diesel prices wouldn't be coming down by the €2500 or so already told to me by a different dealer (in fact, it should be higher). I mean seriously - do these people *want* to sell cars?
    /rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

They've had it so good for years, little effort is required.
    If most dealers are charging similar prices for new cars and new car sales are rocketing, then you don't need huge skill to sell a car.

Wait for an economic downturn and that'll sharpen their skills! Sink or swim time.

Of course itgoes without saying you've already told the manager all this. A business can't improve with complaints, otherwise known as negative feedback.

Advertisement