Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Screen in Manchester?

• 04-05-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Due to the difficulty in getting tickets, visas, accommodation, flights and the cost of the bloody thing I won’t be making the trip to Moscow for the CL final but I will be going to Manchester.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a big screen being set up at old Trafford or in the city centre for the match? Suggestions for the best place to watch the match also welcome :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Going over myself. Hoping they set up the big screens. I heard when they done it in '99 the atmosphere was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Just came across this:

https://www.joinmust.org/moscow/index.php

don't know much about it but from what i can gather its the first confirmed 'big screening' of the match!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I know its not Manchester, but there is going to be some sort of night planned for a venue in Waterford City for all the Man Utd fans on the 21st.

Details should be available by middle of this week. Organisers are hoping to get as many Man Utd fans together as possible. Looking at getting things going from about 5.30ish. Local dj booked who just happens to be a united fan aswell.

Masons is almost certain to be the Venue, due to the fact that they have plenty of screens in there.

Will post up the more details when confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I know its not Manchester, but there is going to be some sort of night planned for a venue in Waterford City for all the Man Utd fans on the 21st.

Details should be available by middle of this week. Organisers are hoping to get as many Man Utd fans together as possible. Looking at getting things going from about 5.30ish. Local dj booked who just happens to be a united fan aswell.

Masons is almost certain to be the Venue, due to the fact that they have plenty of screens in there.

Will post up the more details when confirmed.

Can you Pm me with any details on this in case i dont travel to manchester for the game?and i will have an alternative venue for you to look at too....big screens, plenty of rooms, dont wanna publicise it as i will be called a shill haha!! no problem whatsoever with Masons by they way, just thinking about the food aspect aswell :D

Check your Pm.

With regards to food, Masons should be in a position to supply finger food, such as sausages and sandwiches, and some ckicken pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Maybe ask on redcafe.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

there wont be a screen at old trafford anyway. David Gill said that the day after the game on MUTV. Id say there will be big screens set up but I havnt heard anything just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Damn it, only got round to filling out that form now and its all full up. Poopies. Hopefully they get more tickets. Any word on other venues? G-Mex?

More details on the waterford night
    MasonsManUVChelsea.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Bishop's Blaze pub would be a good place to watch the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement