Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you need to have money in Bank for Australia?

• 04-05-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Do you need to have proof of funds in your Bank account for Australia if you're on a 3-month holiday VISA?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dunno. For the working visa, I think it's to ensure that you have money for the first few weeks, in case you don't get a job straight away. Think the fee is waived if you have proof that you have a job over there, before you go, but not sure about that.

There's an urban myth of four lads, each putting in €250 into one lads account, and then transferring it around after getting a statement out that they have €1,000 in their account, before splitting the money up again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im nearly certain you need proof of funds. I cant tell you exactly how much though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

How do they check? They made no mention of it on the visa application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I never needed to have the proof when I did the working visa in 2004/2005. Dont think they checked either. When I applied I certainly didnt have the funds and didnt have an account in Australia either.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I'm in Australia right now on a 12-month working holiday and nobody has ever asked for any bank statements. I've even left and come back a couple of times and no probs at the airports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

For the Working Holiday Visa you are supposed to prove you have a certain amount of cash in your bank account. This is so you dont become a burden on society while in Australia. However as far as I know this rarely checked, and the only time they may decide to check it is if you dont have a return ticket. They want to know they can kick you out of the country without any cost to them. However on the WHV you are entitled to work so the aren't too worried about how you are going to support yourself.

On the normal three month holiday visa they may be more interested as the will not want you working illegally. If you are planning on staying for over a month you may have to prove that you have sufficent funds to support yourself for that time.

Advertisement