Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

twitter problems on O2

• 04-05-2008 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

anybody else having problems receiving their text updates (on O2) the last few days from twitter?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Twitter never fully worked for me by means of text updates.

EDIT: Works now, re-set it up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 spicywedge

Its working perfectly for me, stupid question but are you sure it was set up properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

spicywedge wrote: »
    Its working perfectly for me, stupid question but are you sure it was set up properly?

i've been twittering for months and it was working fine until recently

twitter were having a few problems, but all is fine now and my sms updates are back to normal, thank god

i have to say, i'd be lost now without it

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭presotrader

Hi,

I was using Twitter on Vodafone. OFF'd it for a while, number got transitioned to O2. Not working anymore, reconfigured - no luck.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭-DuMbGuM-

While we're on the whole Twitter topic.. !

Does anyone know how much the text service costs on o2? Do the prepay free text's work for it?

Text is the only option for me as I refuse to pay a euro a day for 3G access on o2, I just use Wi-Fi when possible.

I belive the number for Twitter is +44 7624 801423

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

-DuMbGuM- wrote: »
    While we're on the whole Twitter topic.. !

Does anyone know how much the text service costs on o2? Do the prepay free text's work for it?

Text is the only option for me as I refuse to pay a euro a day for 3G access on o2, I just use Wi-Fi when possible.

I belive the number for Twitter is +44 7624 801423
    It's 25c an update as it is an international text. Twitter do not have an Irish base yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭-DuMbGuM-

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭presotrader

changed the phone to a 3g/wi-fi enabled one. with the right application in place and access points increasingly popular, this is the way to tweet for me now.

thank you for the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rossmd

Instead of creating a new thread i'll just post here..

I'm currently on Vodafone prepay (phone is unlocked, so i am open to change networks), can i receive twitter updates for free? and how much does it cost to actually update my own twitter (i'm guessing i just text the tweet to twitter?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smeg_for_brains

It's 25c an update as it is an international text. Twitter do not have an Irish base yet.

Thanks for that.*Exactly what I was looking for.

O2 could have a PR opportunity if they subsidied the twitter number, but I did a search for "twitter" on the O2 site and not a sausage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

If you can't twitter it's for your own good

/updates status to 'getting banned'

Advertisement