Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers May: 16th vs 22nd Poll Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

janeybabe wrote: »
    /Cancels trip in favour of being patronising towards the kiddies at beers!
    Hehe, can give as good as I get :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

'The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, dickheads.'

spot the quote.

Rooney's secretary in Ferris Buellers day off, what a film! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Y'know, I never 'got' the humour in Ferries Bueller's Day out.

I had a friend insist I borrow it, I watched it without laughing.

It just didn't hit the right notes with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

16th - because a boards beer is not a boards beer without danniemcq. I love you dannie!

You'll see.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

16th it is then? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

**** ye

Come down anyway......................... you owe me so much beer at this stage, if I don't start drinking it now I may get alcohol poisoning from having to cram it all in. You don't want me to get alcohol poisoning, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'm up for whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Y'know, I never 'got' the humour in Ferries Bueller's Day out.

I had a friend insist I borrow it, I watched it without laughing.

It just didn't hit the right notes with me.

proof mods have no humour? :p
    grasshopa wrote: »
    16th - because a boards beer is not a boards beer without danniemcq. I love you dannie!

i love you too barry x :)*

*not as much as my princess but a damn close second

i used to love tar but he doesn't care anymore

• Advertisement

22nd suits me as well as the 16th... not going till the 24th.

Probably won't be working 22nd either and will be 16th

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

22nd! i care...

Either weekend suites me, though if anyone has a couch free for whichever night it's on I would greatly appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Either weekend suites me, though if anyone has a couch free for whichever night it's on I would greatly appreciate it.

You're welcome to crash on my couch for the night. Though fair warning that the TV will likely still be broken (at the rate it's currently not getting fixed), so there will be no mario kart.

If 'Both' ends up winning, we're going to have to come up with theme nights or something. I can't drink with y'all twice within the week without some sort of gimmick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Like First Blood Part 2, just for Darko!

tristanc wrote: »
    You're welcome to crash on my couch for the night. Though fair warning that the TV will likely still be broken (at the rate it's currently not getting fixed), so there will be no mario kart.

Tristan, what is your obsession with getting young boys to sleep on your couch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

surely a beers on the thursday would be awkward for the few that have to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'll end up being despised by the entire boards Galway section

Finally we have something in common
    moomoo2007 wrote: »
    Ha well in actual fact i'm not that much older than you, i'm 21 ha.

Pictures or it never happened....
    grasshopa wrote: »

+1
    danniemcq wrote: »
    i love you too barry x :)*

*not as much as my princess but a damn close second

i used to love tar but he doesn't care anymore

Heeey... :(

Right chaps and chapettes. Be I free, I be there... for the 16th anyhow. My haunt votes the Roisin, cause that's where I fit in... I'm such a non-conformist:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Merde, c'est ne pas posible pour moi dans la 16ème.
    oh la la

• Advertisement

Tristan, what is your obsession with getting young boys to sleep on your couch:D

I seem to love internet strangers on my couch, given I'm on couchsurfing.com as well (have an aussie couple crashing there tonight in fact!). That way, someone's forced to stay up and entertain me when everyone else goes to bed because they're not on night porter hours ;)

danniemcq wrote: »
    surely a beers on the thursday would be awkward for the few that have to work?

Oh, who really 'works' on Friday? Ya stumble in by half ten, beers with lunch at half 12, drinking in the pubs with the co-workers by half four ;)

I seem to love internet strangers on my couch, given I'm on couchsurfing.com as well (have an aussie couple crashing there tonight in fact!). That way, someone's forced to stay up and entertain me when everyone else goes to bed because they're not on night porter hours ;)

Ah yeah, you mentioned that to me.

Apologies for not being able to hit the Roisin.
    No transport and have to look after some kids.

Ah yeah, you mentioned that to me.

Apologies for not being able to hit the Roisin.
    No transport and have to look after some kids.

I picked up a 3rd friend on my floor somehow as well, who is still passed out as we speak. Keep me up until 730 mission failed though. Bucky + Jameson + Dutch Gold + Aussie wine is a bad combo ;)

Much appreciated man.
    MattKid wrote: »
    Like First Blood Part 2, just for Darko!

And the memories come flooding back. I wonder if RHG still hac crazy French chicks number, maybe he can bring ehr along.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'm sure she'll be there if she's still around Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'm out of town both weekends, so you all have to try to have fun without me, I know it'll be difficult...

Most weekends booked all right, another one missed.

Anyone able to give me aphysical description of CFC?

I know a few crazy French chicks and wonder if it's one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

My haunt votes the Roisin, cause that's where I fit in... I'm such a non-conformist:cool:
    You and all the other 'weekend non-conformists/part-time non-conformists' of Roisins? :) I'm not fussed about which pub we end up in but respectfully and with due deference to my esteemed and experienced Boards Beers Blue Bloods how about starting somewhere folk can be heard and we can suss out each other (in preparation for the quick escape)?

Advertisement