Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you get the time?

Options
  • 04-05-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

I dinged 70 a week or so ago, and with a little (a LOAD) of help got geared enough to go and do some instances, so far I have done NOTHING! I'm bored out of my sock and would like nothing more than to go and do MgT but every time I do something comes up! MgT should take less than 2 hours (or so I'm told) so how in the name of Science do people get 4-6 hours free to raid!?!?
    I'd love to raid, really I would, but if I can't do an instance in peace what hope is there, maybe things will be better during the week......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

no job no commitments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

3 things and 3 things only, friends, family, religion.... these are the 3 demons you must overcome if you ever want high end epix!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

It's funny but it's true.

Raiding comes at a cost. I have a girlfriend, family, house, job. I still come home to raid. It's like home. If only I could rid myself of this terrible affliction (lock).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its all about balance i find, i would raid most nights of the week now.. But i know when ive spent to much time on wow its time to stop and spend some time with herself and the friends.

Also, MgT should take less then an hour. If its taking people 2 hours their....

DoingItWrong6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Psycopat wrote: »
    3 things and 3 things only, friends, family, religion.... these are the 3 demons you must overcome if you ever want high end epix!

Friends [X]
    Religion [X]
    Family [Can't take a hint!!!]

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Our guild doesn't raid for more than 3 hours at a time. I find 3 hours a lot sometimes lol.... at the end of the raid i'm signed off and doing other things. You just need to be disciplined with your time.

I don't do dailies anymore unless I need to get some money together to buy flasks or oil... they really get on my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SebastienX

god i played wow from day one. and was in first guild to do molten core. also had first hand of rag on my realm. at the time it meant something to me. i actually raided 6 nights a week at one stage when naxx came out. (this is all pre exp pack)
    I suppose people get the time IF all there friends play the game as well. Thats the only way i could justify my game time was the fact i was playing with people i knew in real life. the second they stopped playing.... so did I.
    But if you think raiding is fun, you are seriously wrong. countless hours spent wiping and learning tactics is not my cup of tea. i reckon i cuda bought a porsche if i worked the amount of time i played :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ironically, to some people you did buy a porche, from all the time you played ;)
    Naxx was one of the best experiences I had in the WoW experience[TM] :D

Ivan wrote: »
    Ironically, to some people you did buy a porche, from all the time you played ;)
    Naxx was one of the best experiences I had in the WoW experience[TM] :D

I loved being at the top of the progress in my realm as well as competing with 4 other friends i had in real life who were in same guild. and together we made the perfectly balanced 5 man group for instances.
    Maybe i took it for granted that i got so far pre tbc. At time it was a nuisance because the i was Main tank in guild by that stage and the pressure to attend all raids in that position is quite great.
    Then i took a break to PVP full time and come tbc i just never really adapted back into guilds. just did tempest keep and wasnt able to feel the same sense of fun within the game compared to when all my friends were playing in same guild.
    Thats honestly the toughest part of that game. that you must play 24/7 to stay at top or else someone takes your place overnight. with the constant updated gear you need to stay on the edge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Yeah unfortunately my religion eats up all my time and I am just not able to commit to any guild to raid for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

My guild raids 4 nights a week of which I attempt to make 3 as required. Been raiding for a couple of years now. So 3 nights out of 7 feels like a decent balance for me (sun, mon, wed typically) tbh I wonder wtf people do when they come home from work on say monday evening other then sit in front of the tv and watch the Simpsons etc! I'd rather be raiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Its all about balance if you wanna raid. For me i have it all sorted! hehe
    Monday: Raid 6-11
    Tuesday: Spend time with the gf
    Wednesday: Raid 6-11
    Thursday: Spend time with gf
    Friday: Changed every week. Though i usually see the GF then clear kara in 3 hours from 11-2

Saturday: Gf all day
    Sunday: Wow all day and raid in the evening from 6-11

It all works out pretty well! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

goodlad wrote: »
    Its all about balance if you wanna raid. For me i have it all sorted! hehe
    Monday: Raid 6-11
    Tuesday: Spend time with the gf
    Wednesday: Raid 6-11
    Thursday: Spend time with gf
    Friday: Changed every week. Though i usually see the GF then clear kara in 3 hours from 11-2

Saturday: Gf all day
    Sunday: Wow all day and raid in the evening from 6-11

It all works out pretty well! :D:D:D

Christ I was thinking of playing again but I don't have that sort of time!

its kinda funny though. like peopel still think they cant find enuf time to take it seriously, but blizzard actually thing they have made it more Real life friendly.
    Some people who havent had the game that long wont remember the insane lengths people had to go to get PVP ranks where as now its a few bgs when u can and build up some honor.
    And even back then the PVP gear was nearly inferior to BWL gear.
    I dno if i could play it again after putting so much time into it and then being at the bottom. I suppose thats how most people dont get back into it. The fact they have to start that epic climb again to being at the pinnacle of raiding guilds.

Advertisement