Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how important is a seat?

Options
  • 04-05-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

hi, was thinking of changing the seat on my mtb which is a bottom range selle italia for something like the selle italia prolink which costs around 70 or so. just wondering if anyone has used this saddle? how important is it to have a good saddle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Have a look at the following link.

You can check anything for MTB's on this site.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Saddle/product_78967.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

i moved form sele to fizik gobi and now have 3 of them on my different bikes, best saddle i've used!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

its important to have a good seat if you intend to spend a lot of time on your bike. the seat, pedals and bar tape are all the points in which you make contact with your bike, and which a bike makes contact with you. so shouldnt they be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

how important is it to have a good saddle?

i think the real question is 'how important is your arse?'.

and the answer is 'very'.

finding the right saddle is tough though, as arses are varied and unique. i went through about 5 or 6 different saddles before finding that my arse likes specialized and hates brooks. each to their own. but if you're planning to spend long hours on the bike contact points are crucial so don't scrimp. shorts matter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

imo i dont think it matters what make/brand the saddle is as long as you are comfortable in it, i know guys who have bought the most expensive saddles available and didnt like them. It may take a while to find something you like.

I use a specialized toupe saddle which looks like you implement of pain, but i think its the most comfortable saddle i have ever used

• Advertisement
Advertisement