Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business

Options
  • 04-05-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone ever get an A1 in Business?

I'm looking for the highest possible grade in Business because it's my favourite subject and I find it really interesting; anyone else like it?

What are everyones predicitions for this year's paper? The only thing I tend to have some diffuculties with is the ABQ, but I'm practising away with it.

I wreckon something about the Marketing Mix and International Trade will come up in the ABQ and the Labour Relations Commission/Labour Court and Human Resource Management will be on the Long questions?

What do you think of Business and what are your predictions?

Remember - it is only 36 days till' the Business paper....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

36 days. Thats seems like ages.
    Ya some, ABQ's can be kinda bad, like it's a real struggle to find relevant quotes, but i guess its the same for everyone.
    Prediction- im hoping for a Break even chart
    Human resource management(my least fav chapter)
    nothing else comes to mind except maybe marketing mix.

I like business except 3 hrs isnt enough to write everything you want for each question...so timing is the key

98% in pre's made me very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I got a B3 in my mocks which made me happy. Didn't do much work for it. It was my best result.

Hope to get a B1 in the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

my plan is to learn off chapters 5,6 and 7!
    85% sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

My teacher tipped cashflow? and most magazines are tipping HRM. unit 1 is a long question every year and so is unit 3 since 1999. The Abq units are 5,6,7 so all you have to do is learn units 1,3,5,6,7 with every teacher tipping unit 4 so 1,3,5,6,7 considering unit 2 is so short we'll chuck that in so units 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (the entire course).
    Sorry, predictions are a gamble. would you gamble your college course?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mark200 wrote: »
    I got a B3 in my mocks which made me happy. Didn't do much work for it. It was my best result.

Hope to get a B1 in the real thing.
    Same got a B3 (72%), was fairly happy with it and hope to bring that up to a B1 myself,
    I do enjoy business, in fact I intend to study commerce next year at UCC...

As for prediction I try to stay away from it in business from the most part but obviously you should know things like people in business and business structure becuase they come up every year... and there are some things that never come up... but for the most part I learn everything,

I find the course to be very small and nothing is all that difficult and generally common sense.

Fair play to the guy who got 98% in his mocks though

• Advertisement

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    my plan is to learn off chapters 5,6 and 7!
    85% sorted
    I think you mean units 5,6 and 7 assuming your on about the ABQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

1huge1 wrote: »
    I think you mean units 5,6 and 7 assuming your on about the ABQ

well yes :)
    but it also covers questions 2,3 and 7!
    and the short questions are simple

btw did u know that there's an edit button opposed to double posting...

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    well yes :)
    but it also covers questions 2,3 and 7!
    and the short questions are simple

btw did u know that there's an edit button opposed to double posting...
    Cheeky... I was just pointing it out

Advertisement