Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Sessions for Beginners

• 04-05-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Over the last while I've been working on learning how to play the bodhrán, and I think.. maybe... Im ready to have a go in a session of some sort.

Are any of you trad musicians? Just wondering if theres any sessions in Waterford where a complete newbie would be able to just have a go, and get an honest opinion as to whether Im able for it!?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

give it a lash in front of your family and friends first, and ask their honest opinion,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Trotter, what part of the city are you from ? There's normally a good session out in Haughtons on the weekend, if you look for Paddy Fitz playing bodhrán out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i think some of the locals in the holy cross have been known to break out the instruments every now and again. i think its an informal kind of a session. i haven't been out that way in a long while, but i'm sure if you rang some of the staff could give you any info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks for the suggestions.. I'm close to the Dunmore Road so I won't find many sessions there! :)

Advertisement