Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really annoying flickering

Options
  • 05-05-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anyone suggest a fix for my onmouseover flickering?

(I've only implemented Wexford and Carlow -- not going on to the other counties till I get this fixed!)

linky

I'm going nuts!

Best regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Make your image z-index negative. You want it behind the area element so it doesn't interfere with the mouseover I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

NotMe wrote: »
    Make your image z-index negative. You want it behind the area element so it doesn't interfere with the mouseover I think.

Hi NotMe.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I was messing around with the z-index hence the '100' there at one stage -- didn't work...

Anyways, got the thing working after about 3 hours of hacking... The problem was that of 'event bubbling'. I managed to get around this by not having an onmouseout event at all -- just a bit of logic that clears all images onmouseover, before displaying the onmouseover image.

Now, on to the United Kingdom.

Advertisement