Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP Ranked games (xboxlive)

• 05-05-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭

i like the idea of ranked games and all, today was my first time using xboxlive and it seemed that every single game i joined was cut short due to people disconnecting or lagging out etc..
    is it always like that or is this just a phenomena that occurs with new releases?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I haven't played any ranked games yet (for gta or any other game, I only hooked up to live when I got gta) so I don't know for sure, but friends of mine used to bitch quite regularly about people jumping out of games before the end if it looked like they were gonna get a hammering, apparently they do it to preserve their profile stats. It got to the stage where one guy I know just stopped playing Pro Evo online cos it was nearly impossible to finish a game if you were winning.

I might be wrong though, but it sounds like it could be something along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, certainly seems that way alright, the very same thing happened all day today too.
    what a shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I was having the same problem a while ago, it seemed for me that people were disconnecting all at the same time which I found odd. I'd check how many people were playing then re check a second later and all 16 players would be gone all of a sudden.

Seems to have improved as the days have gone by since it was released, was only able to play one full ranked match in four days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was just playing the multiplayer road races most of today. There was a lot of people quiting out of some of the longer races though, which was annoying when a race startd with 16 people but only 5 or 6 bother sticking around to the end. Most of the time though there would be about 12 left in att the end. Not sure why everyone was quitting though as there is not any damage to your ranking for loosing a race and it seemed to actually take longer to quit out of multiplayer and then restart to get in another session than just staying on to the end of the one you were already in anyway.

Also due to the nature of the races in GTA you can ften find yourself in last place half way round the first lap and then end up in the top three at the end as long as you manage to succesfully negotiate all the crashes.

Advertisement