Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager 2110 Firmware Update

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Does anyone know about this or am I the last to know? :confused: And if you do, what does it do? Will it be of any benefit to me or mess things up?

I'm currently running version 3.01z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

3.63 should be available as that is the version I am running

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm running a much older version of the FW.

Will I see any improvements by updating?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

afaik 3.63 isn't available for download. 3.62 shows as the latest firmware.

3.63 is being rolled out by BT so that the router will be plug & play; no more needing to type in your broadband un & pw to connect; it'll pick it up automatically.

Least thats what I got from ringing BT wrt my router acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

So it's for the best to put on the new firmware then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

kaimera wrote: »
    afaik 3.63 isn't available for download. 3.62 shows as the latest firmware.

3.63 is being rolled out by BT so that the router will be plug & play; no more needing to type in your broadband un & pw to connect; it'll pick it up automatically.

Least thats what I got from ringing BT wrt my router acting up.

I got this router last week and it didn't pick up my password and username. I have to say I'm delighted with the modem as the Xyzel I had previously kept disconnecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gavinjc wrote: »
    So it's for the best to put on the new firmware then?

3.62 for the 2110
    3.62a for the 210

v3.63 comes with TR 069 protocol implemented. This means that, in a future, Usernames and passwords will be input remotely without End User's interaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dubmick wrote: »
    I got this router last week and it didn't pick up my password and username. I have to say I'm delighted with the modem as the Xyzel I had previously kept disconnecting.
    Its not implemented yet afaik.
    Bohrio said it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Ok, so nobody has said it's a bad idea, or that this will somehow allow BT to throttle torrents or anything of that nature so I'm going to do it.....as soon as I remember my log-in details! :o Ta very much

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

I'm on my second Voyager 2110 having sent the first one back because I have to manually connect every day. I'm having the same issue with this one. Its has firmware version 3.63. Anyone else having issues? its quite annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

speedfreak wrote: »
    I'm on my second Voyager 2110 having sent the first one back because I have to manually connect every day. I'm having the same issue with this one. Its has firmware version 3.63. Anyone else having issues? its quite annoying..

Does it disconnect once every 24 hours or so and won't reconnect unless you do it manually?
    If so there's not a lot you can do about it.
    Thread about it here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316730

Or is it a different kind of problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

yeah thats the issue. just reading the above posts it seemed the firmware upgrade was supposed to cure that. also BT support seemed to think that. bugger.

Advertisement